Chapter 7: We Are The Same

Marshall Lee's POV:

I get home from walking Bubba home, and Ice Queen is in the kitchen making food. "What are you doing?" I ask. "I thought we were doing our usual order in thing?"

"We have guest coming." She replies in a chirpy voice.

"Who?" I ask, completely confused of all of it. We have never had guest over, unless you count Bubba. Otherwise we have never had anyone over.

"Do you remember when I mentioned the guy I had met at the supermarket and then went on a date with?" She asks, and the thought crosses my mind, making me in response. "Well he is coming over and he is bringing his daughter." She stops and looks up like she is thinking of something or rather recall something. "I think she is the same age as you are." She states. "I think he also mentioned that she is into the same things as you." I nod in response, still not sure how to react.

"when will they be here?" I ask.

"Any minute now, He had just picked her up from school." She explains. That's when a knock on the door makes me jump. "Oh it's them, answer it." She orders and starts to fix her hair. I groan and open the door, looking to see a man in a huge blue outfit, white beard, blue skin, just basically a male version of Ice Queen, and when I see who is standing behind him, I immediately groan in annoyance.

"Didn't I get enough of you today at school?" I ask. She flips me the bird and follows the older man inside.

"Eugene, welcome." Ice Queen greets and then sees Marceline. "And you must be his daughter Marceline?"

"Adopted daughter." She corrects Ice Queen. This amazes me, first she is into the same things as I am, dating someone almost exactly like Gumball, and is a vampire that only drinks the color red.

"Sorry, adopted daughter." Ice Queen corrects herself. "This is Marshall Lee, he is my.."She looks at me in a questioning look.

"Adoptive son." I help her.

"Right, adopted son." She states and looks back to her date.

"Well it is a pleasure to meet you young man." He greets me and extends his hand.

"Dude, I don't shake hands with those who are dating Ice Queen." I state in a dark tone than I wanted to.

"Right, okay, im hip." He states in a weak young dude tone.

"Right..." Is all I can say in response.

Marceline and I retreat to the living room. Letting Ice King and Queen talk in the dinning room. We can hear them talking about the war. "Yeah, I was just looking for somewhere to hide for a bit and then I found Marceline." Ice King explains. "She was alone, crying, and holding her little stuffed animal." He adds.

"Where was her parents?" Ice Queen asks.

"They were gone, Marceline never had a mother to begin with and her father possibly didn't even know about the war above." Ice King answers her. I look to Marceline surprised.

"You were caught up in the war?" I ask.

"Not really." She replies. "I was just a little girl left in the rumble." She states.

"What about Marshall Lee? When did you take him in?" Ice King asks, grabbing my attention again.

"The war." Ice Queen answers.

I turn to Marceline. "Hey let's go to my room." I suggest and we quickly make our way up the stairs. When we walk into my room, I sit right down on my bed and grab my guitar. I start to strum a few strings just for the heck of it, but then it starts to turn into me thinking about that song I wrote about my mother. "Why did you leave me? You created me, so don't you want to see me? Why did you make me, if you're not going to take me?"

"Wow." Marceline startles me, reminding me she is in the room. "Who did you write that for?" She asks, taking a seat next to me.

"My biological mother." I answer, more of a mumble.

"Do you miss her?" She asks.

"No way, I'm just confused of why she would have me and then just leave me in that rumble if the war." I state with a scuff.

"Well my dad, biological dad, ate my fries." She states.

"What the flip?" I ask, confused.

"I know tight, MY fries." She states again.

"Thought you eat things that are Red." I state, now confused even more.

"Hey, fries are the thing." She states.

"Okay then?" I question and go back to strumming my guitar. Then there's another sound of an instrument. I look up and see her holding one of my basses and strumming it. She looks at me and gives me one of her evil like grin.

"See, we are basically the same." She states and continues to strum.

"Sure..." I reply mostly to myself. I don't see what we have in common, she has seen her biological dad and tries to keep away from him, but I haven't seen my mother since she left me. So why is she whining about her dad eating her damn fries?

"So have you and your boyfriend done it yet?" She asks, changing the subject.

I now really look at her confused. "No." I answer. "Why do you need to know?"

"I was just curious." She replies and then leans closer. "Do you want to know how you can do it?" She asks.

"No, can we just hang out without you acting like some bad girl? Even I know when I need to shut it down." I explain.

"Uh..okay? Sorry?" She replies.

"Okay, so let's just chill out." I suggest. We sit here and strum the intruments, making music and just messing with it.

"Is this what you and your boyfriend do?" She asks. I nod in response. "Cool, I like it." She states and continues. "See we can be the same." She adds.