Chapter 3: Gumballs Home Life

I get home and I hand my backpack to one of the candy servants. "Thank you." I say as he takes it upstairs for me. I walk into science lab that is just a room away from my thrown room. I don't very much care for my thrown, I just want to actually test theories out. But duties call, basically every minute of the day. Because I walk in and one of the servants come running in. 

"Prince Gumball!" I turn and see he is in a panic. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"The candy people are starting to go crazy." He states and rushes away. I sigh and follow after him. He was right, the candy people are going after one another, just pushing and yelling. 

"What is the meaning of this?" I ask my subjects. They all stop and look at me. "What is the meaning of this?" I ask again.

"It's the last piece of peppermint and I want to use it for the decorations for the castle, they want to keep it locked away." One of my subjects answers me. I sigh in slight annoyance, walk over to them, take the piece of peppermint, and looked at all of them.

"We live in the candy kingdom." I point out. "We have peppermint everywhere. So enough with the fighting and shoving each other." I look at the peppermint. "I will just take this piece, and you all need to get back to what you were doing in the first place." I order and disappear into my room.

I place the piece of candy on my nightstand and then just sit on my bed. I think about how good the day has gone, except Marshall Lee's sad face appears in my mind. His song in my ears and head, like a broken record. It makes me feel sorry for him. Maybe there is something more than just that cocky and rudeness he tries to show everyone. Maybe tomorrow I should at least try to get to know him. 

After all, all I know about him is from what Flame Prince has spread around the school. And honestly I don't even know why anyone listens to him. He says the rudest things when he doesn't like someone. And it is pretty obvious that he does not like Marshall Lee. 

The last time I did talk to Marshall was in Elementary. He seemed like an okay kid, at that time. I even remember the blue doll that he use to carry everywhere he went. He was quiet and maybe even shy. I went up to him and introduced myself, but he said nothing at all he didn't even want to look at me. He just turned away from me and held his doll even tighter. It was sometime after the Land of Aaa war. I never experienced it myself, I was kept up in my castle, watching as everyone fought. Because of that war, I decided to be a scientist prince, to try and find a way to change this place without war. 

I was never able to technically make friends, but Fionna was there when I needed her. So why shouldn't I try and be there for Marshall Lee? I should try to make friends with him, even if it means asking Fionna to help me with it. Infact, that is a good idea. If I get Fionna to help me, he will have more than one friend. As long as her boyfriend Flame Prince stays away. 

"Your highness, dinner is ready!" A servant calls out to me. 

"Thank you." I reply and head down to dinner. That's when the idea hits me. "I should invite Marshall to some supper some time." I state mostly to myself. "That's it, I will have a dinner party and invite Marshall Lee." I look to my servants. "Prepare a dinner party tomorrow." I order. "I will be having a few guest from my freshman class coming over." 

"As you wish sir." The servant responds and leaves to tell the rest of the servants around the castle, about how we will be having guest over tomorrow night. Now I just need to convince Marshall Lee to come, but how will I do that? That's the question. Then it strikes me, he loves playing his music, maybe if I convince him to be the music entertainment he will show up and then I can try to get people to see what he really can be. 

After dinner I head straight back to my room, where I start to finish the rest of my homework. Tomorrow night will be great, if things go has they should.