Chapter 11: Junior Year Alone

Gumballs POV:

It's been months since I have seen Marshall, basically a year. Junior year has already started, and yet everyone still remembers what happened. I haven't seen Princess Bubblegum in awhile either. Last time I heard from her was when she called to tell me that Marceline refuses to let her bail her out of prison. Marceline just seems to be that kind of person that would just not let anyone lend her a hand. She clearly thinks so can get out just by sitting there. If she had chosen what Marshall had too, I am sure that she would be coming back here and placing herself in prison. 

Princess Bubblegum doesn't come with her school when we have sporting events in the school day, she doesn't go to anymore Science fairs, and her and I both dropped out of Science club. In fact, that was the last time I saw her. All summer long I thought about Marshall, and it didn't help that I was always over at his place helping Ice Queen around the house. Ice King was there too, but he was silent most of the time, possibly because of how Marceline refuses to see anyone. 

Everything was fine when I went to the house, until I saw the pictures of us, hanging up on the wall. I look closely at the pictures, noticing the smallest change in both of us, seeing how we go from little boyish to teenage boyish. Marshall had changed the most during those years. His hairstyle just had to be different, his body tone went from average, to slender, to just completely skinny. The only changes I see in my pictures are how I grown taller and my male features are showing more. Other than that, there really wasn't much change in us.

"Marshall loved that one." Ice Queen states from behind me, making me slightly jump, in surprise. I did not hear her walking behind me. I must have been caught up in my thoughts and blocked out any kind of sound of the outside world. 

"Why is that?" I ask. She picks up the picture and looks closer at it. 

"It was his favorite because it was the picture that made your relationship official." She answers handing me the picture. I place it back on the table and looked at it and the others.

"Oh yeah." I reply finally. Otherwise Junior year, alone, is just empty. Fionna, Flame Prince, and the others try to make me think of other things but Marshall always ends up in my thoughts by the end of it all. 

My grades begin to slip, I use to be an A student, now I get B's and one C. It's all because I keep thinking about Marshall Lee. I can't think of anything else but him. My thoughts go from him, to the first time I ever kissed him. What if I had never kissed him? What if I had never tried to even be his friend? Would this be happening right now? Probably not. But no, I just had to kiss him that Freshmen night, make things so complicated.

I miss Marshall Lee....