17 Rainy Days

Chapter 17

Rainy Days

Cole's POV

The sound of rain beating down from the sky against the roof filled the room. Wind hurdled against the side of the house with roaring scream. The rain was having a death battle with the wind, using all of their power to defeat the other. One after another, with each scream getting louder and louder, brushing it against the side of the house. Within every sound came another stab in my ears knowing the truth.

This is an endless war.

It was always endless.

War is war.

My mind kept going back to a few days ago.

It felt weird how perfect it was...

After I woke up, more like him yelling in my ear, we made food and watched a movie. Of course it had to be sleeping beauty with a the jokes he was saying about how it was impossible to wake me up but...

It was fun.

But it was weird. After all he's the man eating ear monster!

But maybe it was for the bet we made.

I couldn't just sit there and be a grump, he made sure that I was doing actual stuff. He made jokes over and over again to make me laugh like an idiot. They were so cheesy too. He just tried his best to make me happy. It did make me happy and I can't lie to myself that he didn't.

Weird.

It's really weird.

"Raining cats and dogs out their." Dad grumbled to himself as he took another quick sip from his coffee. "I hope no one is dumb enough to drive in this weather."

The room went back to the sound of the rain as I stared at dad. He stood in place, cooking his normal Saturday breakfast for us. Pancakes, bacon, and eggs... you know the normal stuff. Although, since we moved here, Katelyn stays up most of the night finishing the book she was reading. Or she wakes up early and ruins the morning by jumping on my stomach.

It's funny to watch her act like she is secretly wasn't secretly reading a book till two o'clock in the morning. Dad just said that if it becomes a problem with her grades or does it during the school week then he's going to take away her books. That taking her brain out of her head... The tiny little girl can't last a day without having a book in her hands. Even if it's a textbook...But what can I say? Reading is a good thing for her.

It was weird to think that some day there will be something more important than her books. Those words written on the pages are her bible's commands. Ever since she picked up a book, there was nothing in the world that could get her to actually social with other kids her age. Just the thought of her having something more important than those words in her life is a scary thought.

My eyes wandered to the backyard.

The trees were green blurs in the thick coat of water being casted out from the sky. Forks was beautiful in this way, most people saw it as the dull place with clouds covering the sun from picking through the clouds. It rained like this at least once a week but I just couldn't take my eyes off it. Just the sound sent chills down my back. Compared to New York, this place seemed more like home. More real.

New York had buildings everywhere.

People from all over the country would come looking for the perfect dream job, thinking that they would be the next big thing. Little did they know the cruel reality of it all. They filled their minds with the thought of being "special" like everyone else on this planet. Without them even realizing it they end up being kicked out of that old used apartment building that's on the verge of breaking into a million of people.