Chapter 18 Talking To Dad And The Rain

Chapter 18

Talking To Dad And The Rain

Cole's POV

Seven in the morning on a Monday.

The sun shining through the kitchen window, for once it wasn't cloudy or on the verge of raining. Dad's voice humming through the air as he cooked and swayed his hips side to side with a smile on his lips. The air was filled with the seasoning that was mixed into the eggs.

Last night wasn't terrible as I thought.

Hunter maybe kinda creepy and a little off but isn't a horrible guy. Sure he had kept saying that it smelt good and about how something was delicious. I don't get it and still it was odd but dad had a smile on his lips as they talked about work.

It was fun I guess.

We playing board games with Katelyn and she was amazed how she won. Laughing that she could beat a bunch of old men... My baby sister called me an old man. She had a smirk across her face, repeating that line over and over again.

"Cole!" I snapped my head up to see dad turning towards me with the pan of eggs in his hands. "Are you ready to eat?"

"Yeah." I mumbled. "What about Katelyn?"

"She didn't sleep well." He paused, glance up at the ceiling for a moment. "Last night she had a nightmare."

There was a breath of silence throughout the room. No one daring to say a single word in between us. I tried to open my mouth but nothing came out.

"Thanks for coming back." He finally said as he walked over to me. "I mean... " He grumbled out as he stared down at the pan full of eggs. "You could have stayed with your mother and her new husband but you chose to come and live with me. I just wanted to say thank you and I love you son."

All I could do was smile up at him as he glance back over to me and his eyes met mine. "I love you too old man."

"Hey I'm not that old!" He mumbled. "How much eggs do you want, young child I call my son?"

"I don't know," I rolled my eyes at him as I tried to force back my smile. "Is that a white hair I see?"

He didn't say anything back but you could see that small smirk on his lips as he used the spatula and slide the eggs onto my plate. He did the same thing to his plate and then walked over to the sink to drop it in there. I just sat there, watching him move across the kitchen and back over to the table.

"How's school going for you?" He asked.

Beside the fact I don't know if the man eating monster called Sebastian is playing with me, I would say it's going pretty good. But really? Is he playing with me? Is that why he's being crazy nice or I'm I just being paranoid? What if he is playing with me? What if he wins the bet and leave me standing there in love with him?

Nope never going to happen. I'm not going to give him my heart at all. He will never win it unless I die within his arms. If I do then someone shot me in the head because he must of put something in the water.

"Pretty good," I mumbled as I lifted the fork full of eggs up to my mouth. "I made a few friends and Sebastian has been really nice."

If he is playing with me then I'm going to rip out his throat with my teeth. Yup. It's final if he's playing with me then I'm going to kill him or get someone to do it for me.

"That's good." He gave me a small smile. "Your mom call you last night, right? How's she doing?"

"Her and Tom are madly in love." I could picture my mom kissing the guy right now with a smile on her lips and eyes full of joy. "She's excited for me and Katelyn to come back for my uncle's wedding. You're coming with us, right? My grandma loves you and wants to see you again. She said something like 'even if you no your not related by blood you will always be a son to me'."