if i could fly id leave to where the grass is greener

If I was a bird I'd fly high up and not come down. Not wanting to return feeling the gentle touch of freedom and your warm embrace.

Derek's POV
Why does she do this anyway?
That's the one question I keep asking myself over and over again. I remember when I made the deal with her.

"I do what I do for a reason." Its not easy being a girl like me. At first it was to help someone and now... It's to help me.
Her eyes looked like there been in a lot of pain. I guess even the goodest of people have scars too.
Violet walks in the room dressed in a black crop top and pajama pants. She sits down next to me on the bed her hair still dripping wet. I try to control myself as I smell a scent of lavender spring from her body.

"sorry about earlier Derek I was just... Mad that's all."

I looked into her eyes and saw that she truly didn't mean it.

"I'm sorry too." I shouldn't have said that to you. Hmph I guess I was just jealous.

"Why do you do it", I asked. Why do you become Jane?
She stayed silent looking down at her hands.

"Well you get some sleep I'll wake you up in the morning."

"Thanks for pulling me out the water Derek."
I turn around and smile at her.

"I couldn't let my girl drown now could I."

She giggled before saying,"I'm not your girl ass hole."

"Last time I checked I was sexy not an ass hole."

"In your dreams ass hole."

"Bite me babe." I close the door behind me when I left her room.

"So you two seem to be getting along real well", said grandma. After that spat you two had I was scared you two would break up. I really like the girl. She reminds me of a younger me when I was her age. Strong and feisty always ready for life. But when it came to meeting your grandfather I was the biggest dork ever. I'd always argue with him just because then later forgot why.

" she's something else grandma isn't she."

"She's your something else and you need to try to keep her because honestly girls like her don't come around all the time." She's a rare kind of girl. Keep her close and don't lose her ... You regret it in the end like your father. May his soul rot in hell when that bastard dies.

"Grandma honestly I don't think hell can hold him." You need a danm mountain.
Me and grandma bust up laughing.

"O-okay let's get some sleep young man", she laughed.