take me back

Derek's POV
All day I've been avoiding her trying to wrap my head around all of this. And after the talk we had outside I know what I have to do. I run after her following her every turn until she stops infront of Bridgman fountain.

"Violet!"
She turns around her dark black locks swung across her face. Her mascara was running and her eyes swollen.

"I thought I told you that if you were ever down I would be the one to cheer you up."
I walk closer to her placing my hands on her cheeks.
"Let's go take you hom-" "I don't want to go home right now."

"Well I'm not leaving you alone vi." Come on let's go get something to eat.

She nodded her head and followed me back to the school parking lot. We hoped in my car and drove off. I took her to Annie's dinner. After the waitress took our orders I began to gaze at her.

"What", she asked.

"I'm sorry."

Her eyes popped up in surprise. When she noticed what I was talking about she bring her head back down.
"Why are you saying sorry I should be the one saying that." I messed up everything and hurt you.
I took her hand and pressed it on my face.

"Do you feel any scars or bruises?"
Last time I checked i was just mad that a girl I love broke up with me.

"Sorry about that i-"

"Its not your fault violet you thought you were helping me out because you didn't know what my dad would do if he found out and you were trying to take care of yourself." I understand why you did it.

"It's still not right-."

"VIOLET!"
She stopped as soon as I yelled her name.

"I love you ok", she said tear beginning to stream down her eyes. I placed her hand on my heart.

"And I love you too vi." 

She stepped out of her side of the booth and entered mine sitting beside me with her head on my shoulder.

"Who told you you could be so cute."

"Dez he says if I be my normal cute self you wouldn't be able to stay mad at me for long."

"Well tell dez he was danm right about that", I laughed.

The waitress came back with our food and drinks then left leaving us to eat. After we were done eating it was about dark out so I took her home.
I walked her to the door holding her hand.

"You ok", I asked.

"Yeah I just need to lay down."
I placed my hands on her cheeks and kissed her. I missed the touch of her soft red lips as they tasted like watermelon. She parted her lips as I slipped my tongue in her mouth. She kissed me back placing her hand on the back of my head. We kissed infront of her door for minutes until we heard the door unlock. We quickly separate as her mom opens the door.
"Are you two alright out there", her mom asked.

Violets POV
Thanks mom way to ruin a moment.

"Are you two alright out there?"

I hope she didn't see what just happened!?

"Yea mom were alright."

"Ok good I'm glad you too are back together."

"Mom!"
Derek's starts cracking up laughing.

"You two come in and hang out I have to go to a meeting at the hospital so I won't be back until one." You guys can buy pizza if you want but I don't want you alone here violet.

"It's ok my parents won't mind me staying out late."

"Thank you so much."

"I don't need a babysitter mom."

"I know but you don't need  to be here alone after all the drama that's happened ok I'm worried, high school girls are cable of alot."

"Mom your acting as if she's the Mafia."

"Oh hush and get in the house."

This time derek couldn't keep his laugh and smile contained. When we got in the house we watched a couple of movies before I fell asleep on Derek's lap. In the morning I woke up in my bed with someones arm wrapped around me. looking over my shoulder I see Derek's face cuddled up to my back.
I get out of bed and head downstairs to cook breakfast. I call dez and Rachel to come over for breakfast. Before I could even finish the sentence dez hung up the phone as soon as he heard food. Rachael and him were here in about 3 minutes still dresses in their Pajama's.

"Since when do you cook breakfast unless it's mother's / dez day."

"You did not just make yourself a national holiday dez", laughed Rachel.
"I think he did", said my mom coming down the stairs.

Derek followed behind looking very sleepy eyed .

"It's sleepzilla", teased dez.

"And he eats fashionable people so watch out."

"Oh pass the bacon", said mom.

"Bacon train", yelled Rachel as She passed the bacon to my mom.

We all had fun that morning. Derek looked at his phone and frowned.

"Hey violet my dad wants us to go to his job tomorrow and meet with him would you be able to go?"

"Mom is it ok",I asked.

"Yes along as I can tag along to make sure nothing out of hand happens."

"Thanks ma."

"What do you think your dad wants", asked dez. Oh if it's fashion tip tell him to stop wearing gray head starting to match his hair.

Rachael nearly chocked on her apple juice.

"Dez that was mean", said my mom. At least say something nice after it like theres a silver lining to it.

Me and Rachel busted up laughing. Rachel laughed so hard she fell of her seat. We turn to derek who was beat red. He must have really had to hold in that laugh.

"What was it I said" asked mom.

"I'm guessing he had a good lining to everything before", said Rachel.

[Cricket chirps]

"Um...no that was not a good one."

"At least I dried dammit!"

"Women your jokes make people turn over in the grave", laughed dez.

"Oh really says the guy who sleeps with a stuff animal penguin."

"Leave sir.speado alone women!"

"Oh god not again."

"Says the woman who used to run around when we were little saying I'm a little princess I like puppies."

"Can you both stop when we were little you both dressed me up as a giraffe as an excuse to feed me grass."

"It made you love salad though", said mom.

"You are no help."

Derek couldn't hold it in any longer he bursted up laughing. Seeing this i know that everything will be fine tomorrow. Let's hope.