the death of jane

I walk up on the stage in front of a thousand eyes.
"Everyone I want to reveal something to you." For the past four years I've been jane. Only to make money to help my mom out after my dad divorced her. My real name is violet Blake. I'm not rich like you I made this lie to protect my insecurity. But then I met Derek stone he taught me I was both people just one hidden behind the other. I know that your probably wondering why I'm saying this. It's because today jane is dead she's no more. Today is the last day jane will ever be anything.
I pulled of my wig and mask. The crowd breaks up in applause hooting and screaming. A couple of people y ad their mouths gapped open. I search the crowd and see Derek. He's linked in arm with Charlotte. His eyes met mine showing no emotion at all as if I was nothing to him. I guess after everything even when you finally let go most things are still held back. I felt something in my heart die my chest becoming heavy.

"For my last song I want to sing running out by matoma ."

I enjoyed our love while it lasted and I won't forget a single moment Derek.
Jane is dead and now all she left behind is a story and a girl named violet who she hid from the world. You had me see what you saw and by the end it was too late for me to win you back, it was too late for you to love me, and it was to late to tell you you were special to me.

I walk off the stage heading towards dez when someone taps on my shoulder. I turn around and am greeted with Ashley's sad face.

"Before you say sorry I want you to know I believe you ok. I know that you did it for a reason and I know you care about Derek. Was...was everything these past weeks since the trip real was I really a friend to you, was Derek someone you love tell me now please so I can know because all of this is confusing."

"Everything that happened since I've met you all was true." You are a best friend to me and I really care about him shit I love him he's one of the best thing that's happened to me.

I could feel myself about to cry.

"Everything that's happened I just wanted to fix things", I cried.

"Why did you and derek break up after the trip", she asked. I could tell she was about to cry to but the sadness in her eyes was beginning to fade.

"Because at first Charlotte said she was going to tell everyone that I was jane and at first I was scared but now...I don't care that people know my situation." That's why today I did what I did.
Ashely didn't say anything else but instead just hugged me tight.
"I'm sorry I've been so cold to you I was just mad because i thought you played us that you were just lying the whole time." And then when you and derek broke up I was mad because I really care about him he's like a brother to me and he was broken about it.

"I'm sorry too I caused all of this."

Why are you crying violet?! STOP!