Scarlett ball

I feel your pain Cinderella except you got to meet a prince while I get a jack ass.

I put on a short black backless dress and a pair of my mom's red heels. There I'm ready. I smile at how pretty I look but my smile quickly fades when I realize they'll only think jane is pretty not me.

Derek's POV
I get dressed and head downstairs.
"Oh honey you look amazing", said auntie Marcie.

"Derek your grandmother called and said that she wants you to come over." Also to bring that girlfriend of yours you told her about.

Oh shit! I forgot I told grandma I have a girlfriend. I was just trying to get her off my back about it. I guess I'll have to but violet to work.
"Ok thanks uncle Tom."
At the ball everything looked the same as it always did. I look around and spotted violet on the stage. She's going to hear a few words from me for wearing that dress. I saw a group of eyeing her looking at her up and down. Heat Rose to me cheeks as I clenched my fist. When she was done performing she came down from the stage walking up to me.

"How do i-"" what the hell were you thinking wearing a dress like that to the Scarlet ball", I yelled. There are about fifty guys waiting to pounce on you because of that dress. Ugh I'm working with an amateur.

"I didn't choose this OK your the one whose forcing me to be here and do your bidding!"
I could tell in her eyes she was mad. She growled at me storming off into the crowd. I chase after her not being able to keep up. For a girl with short legs she sure does move fast. I finally catch up to her. I grabbed her wrist twirling her around pulling her into me. I gently place my hand on her waist and guide her on the floor. They started playing therapy by all time low.

"Chill out violet."
She stayed silent and looked down as we danced.

"How did you even know about me", she asked. You only thought jane was beautiful when you met me you didn't even recognize me.

" it was hard to tell with the mask." Plus I've seen you around school before. Now enough questions and dance with me.

"May I butt in."
I turn around and see Jeremy standing there.

"Hi, I'm jane", said violet.

" well hello sexy lady you are mighty beautiful. "

"What do you want Jeremy", I said sharply.

" dude chill just flirting with the hottie ", he says pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. U grab his wrist.

" that's enough man she's not into that kind of shit."

"Chill man." Well jane if you want a man to please your every need and I mean... Every need you'll know where to find me.
He winks at violet and leaves.

"How do you know what I am and aren't into?"

"Because is said so." I step inches closer to her closing the space between us.

"I hate you Derek stone you think you can control everything but guess what you can't control me for long." She smacked me in the face and stormed off.

I'm so fucking stupid! Ugh I hope I can get her to still agree to go with me. Why the hell is that girl so complicated?! She's not like most girls I'll say that. God my face hurts!