Prologue: The Prophecy

Lightpool stood on the edge of a shimmering pool. Moonlight glowed onto it. Bluestone and Shadowpaw was beside her.
She settled down, Bluestone and Shadowpaw did same.

Her nose touched the water, and she fell asleep.
Her gaze opened. A vast land went far and wide.

Stars glimmered above her. Bluestone, Shadowpaw weren't in sight.
A cat shimmered with stars in it's fur. Lightpool looked at the cat.

"Hello, Lightpool. I'm DawnSight. I was deputy who wasn't able to become Dawnstar. Too much family problems.
You are being accepted leader among eight others. Some will be of stories or of ones you know. Or even neither.",Dawnsight mewed.

Lightpool dipped her head then lifted it.
"With your first life, I give you strength. Use it to face even the toughest problems even in the days of darkness."

Lightpool felt a wave of pain as her nose touched her forehead.
She dug her claws into the ground. Trying to ignore the pain.

The wave passed. Leaving Lightpool in surprise and exhaustion.
I didn't think this is how leaders felt when first being accepted.
I'll guess the same will happen with the other lives...

Lightpool had gotten four more lives. Loyalty, Wiseness, Peace, and Truth.
She sighed as another wave of pain and other emotions flowed through her.

As she recovered lightly, another cat faded into sight.
She watched, not recognizing the young white tom.

He padded forward. No words came. But instead was thought

Lightpool. I am HushedWhisper. I live among all places. StarClan and Dark Forest. Tribe and Clan.
But I do not live in both of fate. But of rejection of both light and shadow.
With this life, I give you justice. Use it to find those who dishonor the code for evil. Of their own pleasure.

With that, he touched his nose to her forehead.
She flinched as a wave of pain that felt as if darkness was tearing at her and trying to take over.
It passed, she had still three more to receive. How do leaders do this?

HushedWhisper watched her before stepping back to the other cats.
The two next were less painful. But she still struggled to keep her muzzle shut.
Finally the last cat appeared.
She was young, but a scar that should have disappeared with the other she may have had ran down her shoulder and through her side.

Despite the scar, she looked bright and healthy. Her gaze didn't waver as she approached.
She greeted Lightpool with warmth.

"You may ask, why have a scar to ruin a Forever Tribe cat's beauty and elegance? But this scar came from not one of living but one of starred fur. A cat of our own did this.
But no time for stories.
For your last life, I give you love. It's the most powerful. Use it to care and protect your loved ones. Family or of friends. It will burn through you like a fire river.
Your strength comes from the need to protect those you love."

Lightpool's body felt warm, and calming before visions flashed of family and friends, while her body was raked with a burning pain.
When it stopped, she nearly collapsed. But stood and nodded.

The cats were in a circle before cheering.
"Lightstar! Lightstar!",rang in the clearing.

Cats faded but HushedWhisper remained.
Lightstar, your leadership will not be easy. You have one of a dangerous path. No matter what one you take.
Darkness In The Tribe Will Turn To The Blaze And Cause Sorrow That Will Fill The Lake. A Fire Of Light Will Stray To Stop The Blaze From Spreading Its Flames Of Sorrow Blood.

But HushedWhisper was gone before she could ask the white tom.
Lightpool sighed, and closed her eyes. Waking up to see Bluestone and Shadowpaw watching her.
She closed her eyes.
It seems I will have to figure this out. But it makes no sense.