"Think of water"

Of all places, this was the last place i wanted to be. I was on a boat, at least twelve miles from home. Thetys was the only other person allowed on the boat, since he might use his water powers and do some weird Percy Jackson shit.
Cole was swimming in the water, swimming deep than popping back up again. He was so cheeky at times. Eliza was... somewhere. And Quinn and Jemma? They were playing Marco Polo by the deck of the mini boat I was on. Thetys sighed, coming to my side.
"Your mom is so going to have hell with you." He chuckled. I tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear. I will never forget. Jessie wasn't even there anymore.
"Is mom going to... Miss you? Does she know?" I ask. Thetys scratches the back of his neck.
"I don't think so. I think Quinn placed a trance on the Bayou family." He replied. I shrugged. The boat stopped, and Cole climbed on to the deck, grabbing a towel to dry him and his tail off. His body began to glow that familiar glow, and he stood up on his two legs.
"We're here. Quinn is going to help you transform." Cole said. I bit my lip. I can't swim... Well, doggie paddle, but that's it. I barely know breast stroke, since I ditched Cole and Quinn.
"I... I dunno if I can do it." I stuttered. Thetys stepped in to the situation. Classic figurative brother.
"She's not ready, Cole." Thetys crossed his arms, standing by my side.
"She has no choice. Posiedon isn't patient when it comes to blessed ones." Cole responded in the same tone.
"I still don't know what a fricken blessed one is!" I snapped, stepping between them.
"I'll expl-"
"Posiedon," Cole sent him a cold glare. "Will explain it to you. He's technically your uncle, so... Yeah." Cole shrugged as if it was nothing.
"What?!?" I shrieked.
"Relax. It's posiedon, I'm his uncle, so I control him. He lays one finger on you," Thetys drew a finger across his throat. I laughed a little, finding myself doing that less and less these days.
I sighed, following Cole and Thetys to the dock, where Quinn, Jemma, and Eliza waited for me. I sat down, taking a deep breath as the cold water embraced my legs. I was only wearing a sun dress, so I had nothing to worry about with clothes.
"Just relax, Ariadne. Waters your friend, you were born in water. You'll be fine." Jemma assured me, pulling my hand in to the water. My eyes spotted Jemma's tail, it's Aqua glow sparkling. I gave a fake smile, and Cole began to draw his hands closer to my waist.
"I'll hold on, and I won't let go until you transform." Cole reassured me, pulling me into his warm chest. The water was cold, and nothing but wet and cold.
"It's not that hard, Ari. All you have to do is think about what your favorite thing is. Like.... Flying. Since, it seems you don't like water much." Thetys snickered. I like warm water. Not cold, and feels like an endless pit.
"Dont think of flying. Thetys is trying to make you not transform. If you love her so much, why don't you help her?" Cole shot back. I elbowed him, causing him to wince.
"Dont speak to my brother that way!" I snapped.
"He's not even your bro-"
"Not blood, but bond!" I protested. Cole took an exasperated breath, motioning Quinn over with his free hand.
"Think of water. Warm, loving water. That's all you have to do." Quinn encouraged, gesturing with her hands. I closed my eyes, exhaling. I opened my eyes, and nothing happened.
"This isn't working! I told you I wasn't-"
"Because your not trying! Think, Aria, think!" Quinn tapped her head until I closed my eyes again.
I tried to. I really did. The warm water hugging me, and the dark liquid being as warm as a fireplace. I imagined all the fish activity circling me, and mermaids. Sirens. And-how did he get here- Proteus. All the things of the Sea world (ha ha, shamu) I have witnessed so far.
I heard a gasp, and opened my eyes. "You did it, Ariadne!" Quinn gasped, cupping her face.
I looked down at myself, and screamed. My legs were gone. My legs. Are. Gone! I wiggled in Coles grasp, but he kept a good hold of me. My legs were twined into a long periwinkle colored tail. My red hair was longer, covering my breasts. My bottom lip trembled.

  Thetys looked at me with sad eyes, than turned with anger as soon as they turned on to the group of merpeoples

"You made her cry!" Thetys rushed to the very edge of the dock.
Coles grasp around me tightened.
"No, no I didn't. I'm sorry, Aria. But it's for the better." Cole replied.
"Come here, Ari." Thetys motioned me to come to him. I sniffled, and grasped the edge of deck, looking up at Thetys with tearful eyes. "It's going to be okay. It will be okay." He assured, bringing me in to a hug. He patted my head like a dog.
"We have to go. Jemma, keep watch over Thetys." Eliza demanded while gripping my arm. I hesitated after she began to pull me into the water. I panicked, seeing she was going to bring me under. But I couldn't stop her. My whole entire body was engulfed in to the cold water, and I began to breast stroke. And it's not because that's what they taught me. It came on instinct.
"Come, Aria, the Sea King awaits you." Cole called over his shoulder.