3rd pov

Coles body filled with adrenaline once he saw Ariadne's unconscious body. Thetys stood over her with a metal pipe, and everyone could already see the bruise making its way onto Ariadne's face.
Cole ran over to her, trying to hear her heartbeat. It was still there, but beating rapidly. He looked at Thetys, and he tackled him to the ground while he was still in shock.
"Your such an idiot!" Cole swung a punch at him, but Thetys was to quickly to dodge it.
"Me an idiot? You man-whore! That's my sister!" Thetys roared in response, shoving Cole over. Eliza ran to the control room, quickly steering the boat away. Jemma and Quinn watched carefully, not wanting to get involved.
"Quinn, Arias in the middle of their fight." Jemma pointed out, pointing to Ariadne, who laid stiffly on her back. Quinn took notice of that, making a swift move behind the fight.
"I'm a man-whore? Look at how many children you have!" Cole took the fight to the next level, pulling out a sword he kept hidden in a barrel. He pointed it at Thetys' throat, waiting for his next move.
They barely noticed Quinn hauling Ariadne out of the way.
"Fighting isn't going to get us anywhere!" Jemma shouted from her corner, deciding the boys needed to cool down. She walked between them, moving Coles sword down from Thetys's throat. "Listen, I understand why you hate each other. But honestly, if you both love Aria, you need to cooperate. We all know she has a special bond with both of you. But you two fighting is just going to break it. Break both of yours. You love Aria, show it. Don't fight, and if you are, you might not want to do it right in front of her- or on top of her." Jemma explained wisely.
Cole lowered his sword all the way, dropping it to the ground with a clatter. He held up his hand for a peace offering. Thetys stared at it.
"I ain't shaking your hand, Man-whore." He snapped, walking away.
Cole took a deep exhale, trying to calm himself. He saw Quinn in the corner of his eye, leaning over an unconscious Ariadne.
"She's... She's still breathing, right?" Cole asked, squating down to their size.
"She's fine. Just gonna have a nasty bruise for a while." Quinn stated. Cole picked Aria up bridal style, bringing him back to when he first found her, drowning in Dewie Creek.
Quinn and Jemma followed close behind, as they entered the spare room. They kept a spare room as an infirmary, or if Thetys or Cole wanted it.
Cole laid Aria down in the bed, sending Quinn off to get bandages. She came back with gauze, handing it to Cole so he could gently wrap Arias head.
Eventually, Quinn and Jemma left. Cole was yet left alone with Aria... In an infirmary. How does he keep finding himself in this situation?
~~~
Ariadne woke up, rubbing her aching head. She really couldn't move, but smiled when she saw Coles arm protectively wrapped around her.
She poked his face, getting a groan from him.
"Stop it," he shooed her hand away. She poked his face again, getting his blue eyes to open. He smirked at her, warming her like a fireplace.
"Well, good morning to you too, Sleepy head." She said sarcastically. Cole sat up in the chair he fell asleep in, causing his back to make a series of pops. "You need a chiropractor."
"And you need a real doctor. I'm no expert." Cole reached for the gauze wrapped around Ariadne's head, unwrapping it easily. "You have such a nasty bruise." He poked it.
"Well don't poke it! Ow! Who hit me in the head? Did I get into a good fight? Did someone tape it for me?" Aria asks, bouncing in her seat of sarcasm.
"Your stupid figurative brother hit you in the head with a metal pipe. You were chasing a rogue siren, causing you to lose all senses." He explains, wrapping clean gauze around her head.
"Jess- er, Thetys wouldn't do that." Aria protested, twirling one of her curls around her finger.
"I don't think your boyfriend would lie to you." He smiles.
Did he just call himself my boyfriend? Ariadne thought.
"Your my boyfriend?" Ariadne voiced her thoughts.
Cole frowned. "I thought it was obvious."
"No... We have to... You know..." She runs her arm awkwardly, not knowing how to explain it to a teenage merman.
"Do you want me to be your boyfriend?" Cole asks.
"Of course I do! It's just... I dunno, I guess it's different with mermen or whatever." Ariadne sighs.
"What's different? I have no idea what your talking about." Cole says.
"Go on a date! How do you not know the basics of dating?" Ariadne blushes a crimson color, face palming herself. Cole tried to hide his laughter, but it was hard to restrain himself.
"I don't think we have enough time to go on 'dates' while on our way to find the next blessed one." Cole says. "Sorry, Sugar."
Ariadne blushed again, looking up at him. "Is that my new nickname?"
"Yep. I spent a lot of time thinking on it. Your sweet as sugar. But bad ass." He smiles again, kissing Ariadne on the cheek.
"Well, I can't argue with that." Ariadne gently touches her head, feeling a small bump forming. She sighs, getting a glass of water that has been waiting for her on her nightstand. "What time is it?"
"About eleven. We're almost in Australia, so prepare your accent." Cole replies.
"Huh, that's what Thetys said. How is he?" Ariadne asks. Cole freezes, his blood running cold. He didn't want to risk his new girlfriend over a stupid fight he had with her brother. But it wasn't stupid, was it? It was all Thetys's fault, he knocked Ariadne out cold. But yet, if he didn't do so, Ariadne would be dead.
"He... He uh... He's with Quinn." Cole answered quickly and quietly. Ariadne seemed to oblivious, and it made Cole upset that he lied to her. "It's eleven, we should sleep." Ariadne nodded, getting up to go to the girls bunker. "We should... Um, stay here. You know, because the bunkers are so far from the infirmary. Don't want to spare a useful walk, huh?" Cole smirked.
"Sure. That's the only reason you want me to stay here with you." Ariadne giggled, getting back in the infirmary bed where Cole already laid down. "Cole?"
"Hmm?"
"Your squishing me." Ariadne poked Coles arm, which always found its way around her waist.
No matter where they were.