Fishers

(Back to Ariadne's pov)
I felt a heavy, warm, soothing weight on my body. I squinted due to the light, seeing a blurry figure in front of me. Cole. Once my vision cleared, I saw he was awake too, staring at me.
"Your so beautiful." He whispered, brushing a strand of my hair behind my ear with his free hand. I looked down at his arm. Yet still there no matter how much I complain.
"You enjoy squishing me, don't you?" I smirk.
"It is my duty, Sugar." Cole finally lifts his arm, stretching. "Besides, who wouldn't squish something as cute as you?" Cole pinched my cheek, and I blushed red.
"Uh huh. You just love it, don't you? What if I..." I pinched his cheek too.
"Wow, your nails are short." He took my hand off his face, examining my nails. "Why?"
"Stupid Proteus. When we were fighting him, I scraped my nails on his skin." I explain, looking at my nails. They were short, I had to admit.
"Ahem, not to disrupt or anything..." Eliza waited by the door, a smirk plastered on her face. "We're almost there, ten miles. But um, we have to pass some fishers, if you know what I mean.." I saw her wink at Cole.
"You don't have to keep it a secret, Eliza. Aria has the right to know." Cole protested. His look was full of worry when he faced me. "These ain't normal fishers, Aria. They kill and hunt sea people. They torture us, and try to hit the jackpot of our kind. They want us for their stupid human Discovery Channel." Cole explained.
"Okay. So let's just avoid them." I argue.
"It's not that easy, Sugar. They will catch you if they have the chance. We have training in defending ourselves against them. You... You have none. Not saying your total defenseless, your smart and have wisdom and strategy. But I think it's best if you stay low." Cole explains.
I cross my arms, and tried to hide my pout. I hated it when people doubted me.
"They're here! Get below deck! Below deck!" I heard Jemma shout from above. I didn't panic, I didn't need to. I knew I was very good at fighting. Just look what I did to Proteus. I killed a monster with a hanger.
I run out of the infirmary, almost forgetting Cole had grabbed my hand. He pulled me into the food pantry, pushing me in, and locking the door.
"Aren't you gonna help? What if-"
"They'll be fine, Sugar. They have training; besides, I'm a prince. Princes aren't allowed to fight unless it's self defense or protecting their beloveds." He pauses, sending me the smirk I know and love. "In that case, I'm protecting you."
I was about to kiss him (damn it, it was the perfect moment too) when I heard a loud bang. Cole began to lightly push me back, pulling a metal pipe out of no where. Where are all these metal pipes coming from?
The door opens, and it's Quinn.
"Don't kill me!" She pleads, putting her hands up. Cole carefully lowers the pipe.
"What the hell, Quinn? I was gonna kill you!" Cole snapped, dropping the metal pipe on the ground. He sent a cold glare Quinn's way. "You should be up there fighting."
Quinn puts a finger up, a signal for "one second". She placed her hands on her knees, panting. "Had to check on the blessed one. I'm a guardian."
"We know," I pout, crossing my arms.
"Ah, don't act so down, Sugar. We had our little talk, didn't we? Aricole all the way!" She pumped her fist in the air. I blushed when she used Coles nickname.
"What an-" another bang erupted from Cole finishing his sentence.
"See ya later, Royals." Quinn saluted before leaving the room.
I turned to Cole, who was crossing his arms and looking at me.
"Royal, huh?" I arch an eyebrow, smiling. Cole smiles back, pulling me into his embrace. Suddenly, his hold gets tighter, and I realize screams have filled the air. I press my face into his chest, trying to block it out.
"Aria," he pulled me away. The screaming had stopped, and silence had filled the air. I looked up, hearing creaking above me. "Stay here, be quiet." He demanded, leaving with the metal pipe.
They must come very handy nowadays. I guess pipes are the new pans to Repunzel.
It was way to quiet now. I started to get impatient, not hearing any sign of life among the door. I reached out my hand to the doorknob, twisting it and opening the door. No one was out there.
In panic, I ran all around the boat, not finding anything. My heart stopped once my eyes laid on Eliza. She laid unconscious on the floor, blood spilling from the top of her forehead. I gasped, taking a step back.
Arms wrapped around me, and I screamed even more.
"Let me go!" I shout, wiggling out of his grasp. I fell on to the floor, scraping my knees, making them bleed.
"Whoa there, Baby." A deep voice said. I got up, looking at him with wide eyes. He was around twenty five, with dark brown eyes, and short cut blonde hair. He was wearing a dark gray t shirt with khaki shorts.
"Where's my friends!? Tell me- tell me now!" I demanded.
"Your friends, they're perfectly fine, Baby." He reached out to touch my hair, and I instantly drew back. "I'm Drew. Drew Washington." Drew went to shake my hand, but I stumbled backwards again.
"Where are they? I killed Proteus with a hanger, don't make me think I can't do it to you!" I threatened, snatching whatever was on the ground. Which in my luck, was some type of..... Knife, sea shell, sea glass, thingy? I held up, trying to threaten him with it.
"Listen, Lassie." I furrowed my eyebrows, now figuring out he was probably Australian. "I honestly don't feel like hurting you, not only because you look like someone I could easily get in bed with, but, hey, it's my boss."
As if on cue, he lunged at me, and I was on his shoulder.
"Put me down he son of a donkey!" I scream on the top of my lungs, kicking. I was still in the same clothes. Not that it mattered. I have been in the same clothes for the past three days. I kind of felt dirty. Not just because I was in dirty clothes, but because I was being handled by another boy when I belonged to Cole. I am Coles. No one else's.
"Donkey, huh? Would that make you the beautiful stallion?" He asked. Ugh, I could sense his smirk from here.
I saw something glinting in my sleeve. The stupid sea glass dagger thingy. I took the dagger, and I closed my eyes as I drawled it into Drews back. He howled in pain and dropped me.
"You bitch!" He screeched, reaching for my ankle. I quickly kicked his hand away. "Get back here, lass!" I ran to the control room, locking myself in. I heard pounding on the door. "I'll give you the count to five!" He said.
"Oh no, please don't!" I humor him, looking around for an escape.
"One...." I saw a barrel in the corner of the room. "Two..." I opened the lid, taking out a long gleaming sword. Or dagger. I didn't know. "Three...." I balanced it in my hand, weighing it a little. It looked new, but dusty. Used, but stored for safe keeping. "Four... And a quarter..." It was a katana. I lowered it behind me, waiting for impact to come inside the room. "HalfThreeQuarterFive!" He rushed, and slammed down the door.
A mischievous smile made its way on Drews face. He slowly made his way towards me, while I slowly began to withdraw my katana. Shit, I didn't even know how to use it.
"Cmon, baby. You know as well as I do that you can't fight." He slurred. Fury built up like a brick wall, causing me to brake loose. I swing the katana at his feet, causing him to trip, then swing above his head, causing him to be unconscious.
That reminded me of Eliza, who was unconscious out there, with blood dripping from her head. I glared at Drew, his breath barely noticeable.
I locked the door behind me as I made my way to Eliza. I press my ear against her cold skin, her breathing was regular.
"Ari... Aria, you... Have to... Get him. Get Cole, get the..." She coughed a couple of times, paining me. "Get the blessed one. His last name, it's... It's Skylar. You have to get him. Save the Greek world. Avenge me." She croaked. I bit my bottom lip, watching the life die in Eliza's eyes.
Tears began to roll down my face, and I started to walk the other way, restraining myself to turn back and hug the dear life out of her.
I picked up my katana, marching to the dock. I looked ahead of me, seeing a boat in the distance. I made a choice then and there.
I transformed, my beautiful periwinkle tail extending, and my hair too. I dived into the water, swimming as fast as I could to get to the boat. My mind was set on one thing- avenge Eliza.