Twenty one miles from home

(Ariadne's point of view)
I curled up in a ball on top of the office. Literally. I wrapped my arms around my knees, staring at the ocean. Twenty one miles. Twenty one miles from mom, from Aunt Brook, from Gabby.
Your family isn't your family. Posiedons words echoed in my head. I shook his voice out. The ocean aroma I couldn't get rid of. No matter how much febreeze I sprayed.
I saw Thetys in the corner of my eye, he looked different. His strawberry blonde hair was ruffled, and his clothes were wrinkled.
"Did you sleep and fight at the same time?" I snicker. Thetys rolled his eyes, climbing up to the roof too. He sat beside me, his elbows balanced on his knees.
"Australia, huh?" Thetys nodded his head in an approving way, smirking slightly. "Practicing your accent?"
"'Ello mate! Wanna nice cup of joe, eh?" I asked in my best Australian accent. Thetys gagged, but I knew he was pretending.
"Yeah, I think you should practice your Australian more." He chuckled lightly.
I saw Cole come out from the office beneath us. I was suddenly reminded of Coles kiss, how he kissed me, and I kissed him back. I guess I kind of started it. But my hug was meant for comfort.
Thetys glanced over to me once Cole left eye sight, probably going skinny dipping.
"Are you okay, Ari?" Thetys asked, sliding a hand down my arm. "Your pale as Snow White."
"I'm fine," I replied hastily. Something inside of me was upset. Upset that Cole didn't notice me up here. Upset I was so concerned. Upset Thetys knew. He knew. I could tell it on his face.
"What did he do?" He growled.
"It- it's not what he did, Jes- er, Thetys- I-I did something." I muttered. Thetys frowned.
"What did you do, exactly?" He asked.
"I-i um, I hugged him." I murmured. Thetys ran a hand through his strawberry blonde hair, and laughed. He laughed at me. I punched him on the shoulder, though it had no effect.
"I'm sorry, Ari! You- just, you," he gasped for breath, letting one more chuckle slip. "That's not a problem. If he's upset you hugged him, I mind as well put him in his grave. You hug a lot of people." I didn't bother trying to tell him that lead Cole to kissing me. But I kept quiet.
~~~~
I laid in my bed quietly, staring up at the bunker ceilings. Quinn, Eliza and Jemma were asleep in the beds across from me. The boys had a separate bunker, which was upstairs.
I heard a knock on my door, and got up. I wasn't in the mood to talk to Thetys after he laughed at me. I wasn't dressed for it either.
I opened the door, revealing Cole. The breath was nearly sucked right out of me.
"We need to talk, Aria." Cole whispered. I tried to shut the door, but he stopped it with his hand. "Now."
"There's nothing to talk about." I whispered harshly.
"Yes there is. I can't just kiss you, and forget about it." He muttered. I closed the door behind me, crossing my arms and facing Cole.
"First things first- did you like it?" Cole asked, putting his hands on my shoulders. I furrowed my eyebrows, then finally figured out what he was saying. Did I like the kiss? "Aria, I can't explain into words how awesome it felt to have your lips against mine. I never knew it would be you, but now I do. You don't have to say you enjoyed it, I just wanted you to know."
I bit my bottom lip. I stared at his electric blue eyes, guilt stained them. I remembered the day I first met him. Well, he first met me, in particular. He saved my life. Why would he save my life if he didn't care?
"I didn't like it." I say. Cole parted his lips, frowning. "I loved it."
Cole looked up at me with a hopeful look.
"Really?" He asked.
"Yes, really." I giggled. I skipped a heartbeat as Cole quickly pulled me into his arms. I blushed, shrinking and melting into his chest.
One thing I noticed, it was warm.

Aqua (book 1 out of 3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें