✨2✨Anxiety

I sat across the table next to Akane and sighed. The food in the plate in front of me long forgotten. My attention on Shinya and Guren sitting across us instead. Akane let out a groan before whispering to my ear.

"Will you please stop being so nervous. I can practically feel your anxiety. It's just Papa and Dad." Her voice smooth and full of concern. I sighed and gave her a small nod. I turned my head towards them and cleared my throath before speaking. "So..um..how exactly will the ceremony take place?" I asked. Anxiety filled in both my voice. My throath dry, as if I had swallowed a dessert.

"We will be leaving in a few more minutes. The ceremony will take place in the Midnight Mansion." Said Guren. He placed his silverware down and wipped his mouth with his napkin. Well so much for helping me calm down. A giggle filled the room, somehow managing to break me out of my nervous wreck. "No need to be so nervous Yuu. If you keep worrying you'll start affecting other people too."

I smiled at Shinya and mentally thanked him. His calm and playful personality always managing to calm me down. He stood up from his chair and made his way towards us. He stopped in front of me and pat my head. Earning a small laugh from me. "Now look at what we got here. Yuu, why didn't you brush your hair?" I let out a groan and opened my mouth to respond, only to be cut off.

"His hair is a pain in the ass, don't bother with it Shinya. I stopped trying a long time ago. Besides it's not like he'll get any smarter if he does." I gave him a glare and stood up from my chair, pointing at Guren. "Oi, what do you mean by that Baka Guren!" He let out a smirk before replying, "Just what you heard you idiot."

That's it!

"Yeah, nope, not happening. Papa and I don't feel like stopping you guys today." I let out a groan let my head fall down. "Hai," The sound footsteps coming closer to me before stopping before me. I felt a small pain in my head and whimpered. "What the heck!" I placed my hands on my head and picked up my head. Guren in front of me. "Chill out, it's time to go."

He began to walk away with Shinya besides him, Akane following shortly. I let out a long sigh before catching up to them.