✨15✨ Prisoner

If someone were to ask me if the red outside the garden wasn't red enough. I would be laughing in their face. Every room in the castle was painted red or black. Red wallpapers covering the rooms. The citizens of the castle dressed in dark clothes. Speaking of clothes. I looked down at the outfit the ladies had made just for me. Bringing my vision from my feet towards the full body mirror in front of me I sigh.

Pulling on the sleeves of the red and black stripped shirt to cover my hands. I felt wierd in these clothes, something I hadn't felt at all with all the other previous clothes that I had worn since my arrival here. Perhaps it was the thigh high different colored stockings I was wearing. Either that or the pair of shorts I'm wearing. Not really sure anymore. Although if I had to guess, it would have to be the very fact I'm in the red district.

On our way here Matthew explained to me how Moon Demon is also known as the Red District. Due to it's daily executions and red color. Walking towards the corner of the room I was in I sigh; slowly sliding down the red colored wall until I reached the floor. The quietness in the room appearing  soothing to me. Bringing my knees to my chest I rest my chin on my knees and enjoy the peacefulness that would soon end.

The bed in the corner of the room looked so tempting. I could basically hear a small hushed voice calling out to me. It was oh so tempting. I wonder...if I slept upon that bed....would this all end? I want nothing in the world but to just be able to rest upon those soft covers. A soft knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. Moving my gaze from the floor to the door I simply told them to come in. Being far too comfortable to move to answer the door.

Once the door was fully opened long lilac locks came into view. Holding back a glare I continued to watch her as she closed the door behind her. Upon turning around she flashed me a smile. Making her way towards me and stopping only a couple inches away from me. 

"What are you doing sitting on the floor Yuki?" She asked while strecthing out a hand towards me. Looking at her out stretched hand I hesitantly took a hold of it. A small smile forming on her lips as I did.

"It's nothing, your Majesty. I simply didn't want to touch anything. Afraid that my clumsiness would break something." I replied telling her half of the truth. At home I was always known for my clumsiness. The housekeepers often giving me gentle smiles as I guitly told them I had once again broken another vase.

Giggling at my response she simply beckoned me to kneel down a bit to her level. Doing as she requested in confusion she took a hold of my tie and fixed it. Making it look nice and presentable. "You don't have to worry about that Yuki." Letting go of my tie she took a few steps back to admire my appearance. Satisfied with the results she gave me a smile and allowed me to stand up.

"Now, let us go. Today we have a visitor and I can't wait to see them." She exclaimed excitedly. Walking towards the door she politely held out the door for me. Giving her a small thank you I walk out the door and follow after her. Upon arriving at two large red doors with solid gold doorknobs, she turned her gaze towards me. "I forgot to mention this, but you can go ahead and just call me Mahiru." Giving her a small nod in understanding she opened the doors.

The room was huge, I'll give you that. Our footsteps being silent as we walked upon the red carpet on the ground. A black chandelier decorated with jewels with lit candles rested on top the ceiling. Large windows on each side of the walls. Beautiful red curtains on the windows. Two chairs resting at the end of the room. A red velvet pillow rested on the golden chair with rubies. Her throne in other words. Next to it was a more simple looking chair, which I'm guessing was brought for me.

Sitting down in her throne she looked at me confused. Seeing as I hesitated to sit on the chair next to her. Offering me a gentle smile she told me to sit down. Looking at the chair I let out a sigh and did as told.