✨14✨ Red Queen

One thing I noticed as we were on our way to Moon Demon was how everything looked dead. It all looked so lifeless. Dry soil, dead naked tears with wicked branches. The air feeling heavy with every breath you took. The grass looking so filthy. Just looking at this place made me sick. As if it weren't enough as we arrived a pleasant surprise awaited me.

The pond released a disgusting odor, the heads of innocent people showing sighs of distress floating on the dirty substance. I couldn't hold it in any longer. Falling to my knees I began to throw up. The tea Mikaela had once given me now on the floor along with other fluids. Hot tears streaming down my face.

Matthew's cries of concern sounding like a blur to me. I felt like I couldn't breath. The air around me was suddenly heavier than before. My lungs felt as if they were on fire. My breathing becoming heavy causing my vision to become a blur. This was all too much for me. Never in my life did I think I would see something like this.

Yuu-Chan

Bringing my gaze from the ground to above me I look in a directions. Mikaela...I was certain I had heard his voice. Mikaela, the Mad Hatter. He's the reason I came to this place. I'm not going to back down and turn my back on him when he needs me the most. I've made up my mind that time by the river and I'm not going to change that. Getting up from my knees I look at Matthew and see his concern look.

"Are you okay Yuichiro?" he asks, his voice full of worry. Looking at him I frown and let out a sad sigh. Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand I proceed to wiping off my tears. Some already dry and leaving the trail they traveled marked on my skin. "I'm sorry I worried you, Matthew. However, I'm fine now so you don't have to worry now." Giving him my best smile I walk towards him and pet his nose in reassurance.

Turning back to look at the pond I close my eyes and press my hands together. "May your souls live on in peace and harmony." Opening up my eyes I look at the heads and sigh. The only way to cross is by jumping on them to get to the other side. Jumping from each head in the most careful way possible while apologizing every time I do so.

Safely landing on the other side of the pond I look at Matthew and tilt my head to the side in confusion. "Come on Matthew what are you waiting for?" I asked looking at him. Looking at the pond he shook his head to the side. "I can't go with you. We shall meet inside the castle Yuichirou. I wish you the best of luck." Going the opposite way he began to run. Leaving me to look at his figure running away and head towards the entrance of the castle. 

Turning my gaze towards the tall concrete walls I sigh. Looking at the wall I try to see if there's anyway I can get to the other side. Finding a small crack wide enough for me I smile in joy. Pressing my hand against the wall I take a deep breath before entering. The view of healthier grass coming into view. Stepping out of the small crack with a soft thud I look at my surroundings. It would appear that this would be the garden. Tall trees planted everywhere, Roses as red as blood in every bush you saw, the air contaminated by the aroma the Roses let out. The smell making me wrinkle my nose in annoyance. It was almost impossible to not sneeze.

Trying my best to not make any noise that will give me away. I walk towards one of the tall trees. My eyes becoming wide at the scene. There stood my friends, Yoichi and Kimizuki. What really caught my attention was a certain women. Long lavender locks similar to Shinoa's flowing past her waist flawlessly. She wore a black dress with silver buttons adoring the chest area, a red collar resting on her neck, while the ends of the short black sleeves being adored with red. Her black ruffled skirt stopping at her mid thighs. A large red and white stripped bow tied loosely on her waist. A red ruffled tail behind her skirt, lastly a pair of black stockings reaching her thighs accompanied by a pair of red flats.