I love you, noona

"Dong-ah, you have to let go of noona now or else your plane might leave you." You softly said as you pat the back of little Donghyuk.

"But I don't want to go to America and leave you." He said in between his cries and tightening his hold to you.

You smile at little Donghyuk's response. "Donghyuk-ah, how many times should I tell you to call me noona?"

And that made the trick, little Donghyuk finally let go of you. He is now looking at you with his face full of tears. He looks so pitiful.

"Why would I call you noona when you are going to be my wife when I grow up?"

You smile widely as you gently wiped the tears on his face. "Okay then. Let's have a deal. How about you get in that plane and go to America. And when you grow up, you can come back here and I'll marry you. How about that? Do you like the deal?" You said trying to persuade little Donghyuk to go.

Donghyuk sniff and look at you with hopeful eyes. "Will you really going to let me marry you when I grow up?"

You smile and nod your head. "I will."

"Promise?" Little Donghyuk showed you his pinky finger.

You also hold out your pink and hook it with Donghyuk's little one. "I promise."

For you it was a meaningless promise. You only had done that to help Donghyuk's parents to let their son agree to go. You know that it's not good to make any promises without meaning it, but sometimes it's the only way to get some results. And of course Donghyuk will surely forget about the deal on the years that will come. That's what you believe.

10 years later.....

It has been 10 years since little Donghyuk left. The last time you heard about Donghyuk is that he excel in his studies, he even advance a year in high school because of his outstanding and excellent academic grades. You were so happy hearing the good news about your little Donghyuk, well you can no longer consider him little since Donghyuk is a grown up guy now. He is already 19 and you are 25. Time flies so fast and who would realize that it has been 10 years already.

You just finish your meeting with your general manager. You slumped down in your chair inside your office and then you were greeted by your old photo in the table. It was a picture of you and Donghyuk, 10 years ago at the airport. Donghyuk was crying so much and holding onto you tightly while you were smiling widely at the photo.

"Dong-dong ah, it's been 10 years. I miss you my little Dong-dong."

You were staring fondly at the photo as you reminisced the years you spent with Donghyuk, the cute little boy from your neighborhood. You were 6 years older than him. Your mother and his mother are best of friends in high school and they became your neighbor. You were 6 years old when Donghyuk was born. You remember how tiny and fragile he looks like when you first saw him. Being born without a sibling, you always spent time with him. You grow fondly with Donghyuk. He was just too cute and you can't resist it. You treat him as your little brother but little Donghyuk does not want you to be his big sister or sister in any matter. Ever since Donhyuk turned 6, he kept on telling you that he will marry you when he grows up and hence why he never called you noona. Of course you did not believe him. He was too young and too naïve to know the meaning of those words that he is talking about.

"Are you still my precious little Donghyuk? Will you still tell me that you'll marry me when you grow up?" You chuckles at your own silly questions.