The choir pianist

You are excited for the choir practice, you have a beautiful voice but not a fan of singing but when you heard that Kim Donghyuk, the handsome yet cute pianist will be the pianist of the choir, you immediately signed up and also your best friend, Chii, the person who is not a very fan of singing.

"Why do I have to be dragged into this?" Chii continuously whines as you dragged her inside the building where the choir practice will be held.

You roll your eyes without turning back to your best friend. "Stop being so shy. You have to improve your talent. Believe me, you have one of the most amazing voice I've ever heard. And come on, you won't be alone while singing in the church. The whole choir and I will be there."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, nice try. You don't need to lie to cover up your real excuse. You just wanted to see Donghyuk and hoped to be noticed by him." Chii chortled.

"Shut up!"

Before Chii could even talk back to you, you open the door of the practice room. "Good afternoon Sis. Eun Hye." You greeted the music conductor and bowed also to the lady.

"Good afternoon too beautiful young ladies."Sis. Eun Hye gently said with a sweet smile plastered on her face. "I'm glad that you both joined the choir."

You wrapped your arm around Chii pulling her close by our side, before answering Sis. Eun Hye with huge grin on her face. "You're very much welcome. We really love to join."

"I did not signed up for this." Chii mumbles as yu both took your sit.

Chii pout while Sis. Eun Hye and the rest of the choir member giggle.

"Alright then. Oh by the way, what voices are you both going to join?"

"We're on the melody. The choir is doom if you put us on the alto." You answered before dragging Chii again to the front to get your own copies of the song.

The door open again and this time, a young man about Chii and your age came. "I'm sorry Sis. Eun Hye for being late."

"It's alright Donghyuk-ah. Don't worry we did not wait that long." Sis. Eun Hye gently answered and the young man walk up to the piano.

Kim Donghyuk, he is one of the excellent pianist in their church. You admire him for his wonderful talent. And aside from being talented, Donghyuk is a smart guy. He excels in his academic and sports. And also, Donghyuk is a good-looking guy and a very humble one as well. Everyone adores Donghyuk because of his great personality. That's why you really like him and you join the choir only to see Donghyuk everyday of her summer.

"Okay everyone. Welcome to our choir practice. I'm really grateful that all of you are here and join us." Sis. Eun Hye starts. "The song that we are going to sing is............................."

You lean into Chii and whispers. "This is going to be exciting. Donghyuk is our pianist. He is such a talented guy."

Chii glares at you. "You're the only one who finds it exciting."

-

-

-

Two months have passed and the choir practice continues. You're all hype when you have practice, while Chii, she is still what she is at the beginning. Today, you arrived early at the practice room, phone on your hand as you exchange messages with Chii, who is on her way to the church.

The practice room door open and when you look up you found Dounghyuk coming in and your eyes met.

"Hey!" Donghyuk greeted.

"Hey!" You greeted back.

You immediately put your attention back to her phone and continue texting Chii with nonsense things.

"Excuse me..."

You looks up and look at Donghyuk. "Yes?"

"I believe we've never introduce ourselves to each other." Donghyuk said shyly.

You awkwardly chuckles trying to hide the collywobbles in your tummy. "I believe that too." But I already know you, you wanted to say that but it might creep the guy out.

"I'm Donghyuk." Donghyuk held out his hand for a shake hand.

You stand up and held out your hand as well for a shake hand. "Nice to meet you, Donghyuk-sii. I'm Y/N."

"Nice to meet you too. You're Chii's friend, am I right?" Donghyuk inquires.

"Yes, I am. Do you know her?" You asked as you go back sitting.

"Do you mind?" Donghyuk asked referring to the chair across you.

"Not at all." You shook your head.

"Thanks" Donghyuk took a seat and comfortingly face you. "Yes, I know Chii. Guess everyone knows her by now."

"Yeah. Everyone knows her." You agreed.

"I really like her. She's nice and friendly.She has an amazing voice. And also she makes everyone happy. Ahhh...I wish I could get closer to her. Do you think there's a chance for me to get closer to her?" Donghyuk said dreamy.

"Of course. Actually, Chii admires you a lot." You said with a smile plastered on her face. But deep inside you are hurting, knowing the person you've been eyeing for a long time likes your best friend.

Then Donghyuk continue talking about things that he admires about Chii. Chii is like this, Chii is like that. All that ever comes out of his mouth is Chii.

Why do you like Chii so much? Can't you see she is not into you? Why can't you see me? I'm the one that likes you, not her.

The door open and Chii's voice boomed inside the room.

"Oh my gosh! You won't believe what~" Chii stops whatever she's about to say when she notice Donghyuk and you are sitting and talking to each other.

"I'm sorry for disturbing." Chii apologized. "You guys can continue your chit-chat. I'll just go now." Chii was about to leave but Donghyuk stops her.

"No!"

Chii stops and look at Donghyuk weirdly.

"Sorry. What I mean is you're not disturbing us. We're just talking about random things." Donghyuk explains with obvious nervousness.

"Okay?" Chii unsurely nods her head.

"Anyway, you might not know me so I'll introduce myself."

Chii just look at Donghyuk dumbfounded.

"My name is Kim Donghyuk. I really wanted to get to know you. Can we exchange phone numbers?" Donghyuk asked in full excitement.

Chii was confused as to why Donghyuk wants to exchange phone numbers with her instead of her best friend who is in love with the guy? Chii glance at you and then to Donghyuk.

You hold back the tears that are threatening to roll down any seconds. You stood up and walk beside Chii and nudges the latter on the side.

"Just give your phone number to him." You encourage her despite your heart breaking into pieces.

Chii furrowed her brows and glares at you. "What are you~"

You cut her off. "I leave you love birds alone." You lean to Chii's ear and whisper. "Go talk to him."

And with that you left the practice room and immediately your tears streams down your face. You failed. Even if you did tried your best to win Dongyuk's attention, in the end Donghyuk still end up noticing Chii.

I will be never be the girl who'll be notice by any guy...