Is this love?

Chanwoo had like his friend for a long time but never confess his feelings for the girl for he still didn't know what love is. He would think of her every day, wherever he is. And he would miss her. He could talk about her to his hyungs for hours, every day, and his hyungs will tell him that he is in love, but Chanwoo did not believe them, for he know not the complete meaning of love or how ine person could determine your feelings for someone if it is love or just a simple infatuation.

"Chanwoo-ya~~"

Chanwoo's ears perked up at her voice as he spotted the girl walking towards him. He smiles immediately seeing the apple of his eyes approaching him.

"Whatcha doing?" She asked after sitting beside Chanwoo who is playing with his phone.

"Just playing some games." Chanwoo answered.

"Chanwoo-ya, I'm hungry." She whines cute and Chanwoo stops his game and look at his friend with fondness.

"Arrasseo! What do you want to eat?"

"I want beef!" She exclaimed. "Can we eat grilled beef?"

"Sure! Anything that you like."

"You're the best!" She thumbs up and grins widely at her best friend.

They both stand up and automatically their hands clasped into each other and walk towards their favorite restaurant.

They both arrived at the restaurant. Chanwoo looked around the place to find a vacant chair and table for them, unaware that he is still holding her hand firmly. She stayed close to Chanwoo, until they reached the table near the window.

Chanwoo assisted her to take her sit like a real gentleman or like a boyfriend who help his girlfriend to sit properly.

The server came to the table with a pen and notepad.

"Can we order a grilled beef and half friend chicken?"

"Of course. Would that be all?"

"How about you, do you want anything else?" Chanwoo asked her.

"Two ramyun, please." She answered.

Chanwoo smiles as he watch her play the chopstick as they wait for their order to arrive. Chanwoo contemplates if he could asked her that thing that is bothering him and in the end he decided to ask her now than later.

"Hey..."

She stops from playing the chopstick and look at Chanwoo. "Hmmm?"

"There is something I am meaning to ask you." Chanwoo said with his heart hammering hard in his chest.

"What is it?"

"Tell me, what is love?"

She almost chocked herself from the unexpected question from her best friend. "Love? You wanted to know what love is?"

Chanwoo nods his head. "Yeah. Because I don't really know what does love means."

She awkwardly rubs the back of her head before answering Chanwoo's question. "Well, love means that you accept a person with all their failures, stupidities, ugly points, and nonetheless you see perfection in imperfection itself. And also, love is when you don't know why you seem to be attracted to that person."

Chanwoo nods his head, pondering what he heard. "Ah so, what I feel for you is love."

"Huh?"

Chanwoo chuckles. "I want to tell you something funny."

She drinks a glass of water before nodding her head as a response.

"I always find you perfect even when you are clumsy and no sense of direction. Is that love?"

"Uhmm..."

"I'm always on a rush whenever you wanted to see me because I wanted to see you more. Is that love?"

Her face is starting to get red.

"I keep thinking about you all the time and I miss you terribly even when we just parted seconds ago. Is that love?"

"I...I guess so."

"I wanted to hold your hand. I wanted to hold you near me. I wanted to see you all the time. I wanted to kiss you. Can you tell me, am I in love with you?"

"Chanwoo..."

"You know when the first time that I met you, my mind just went blank because I've never seen such a beautiful person in my life and the whole world just stopped in that moment."

"The heck with you Chanwoo, stop embarrassing me..." Chanwoo just grin and continue.

"I also wanted to share my emotions with you, like fighting, crying and the hugging. I also easily get jealous when other guys will try and talk to you. And I don't like that feeling, I want them to be jealous of me." Chanwoo said and look directly into her eyes. "Is this love?"

She takes a sip of her water before nodding her head. "I...I think it is."

"So, does that mean I'm in love with you?"

"Yeah" She said.

Chanwoo smiles widely but after a few seconds his smiles turned into frown and that worries her.

"Hey Chanwoo, what's wrong?"

"I'm in love with you, right?"

She nods.

"But it is meaningless because you don't feel the same way. Because I know you like Mino hyung. He is manly, strong and older. I can never be the guy you'll like."

"Chanu-ya, don't say that. And who told you that I like Mino-oppa?"

Chanwoo's ears perked. "Eh?"

She smiles and hold Chanwoo's hand. "I can never like Mino-oppa when I am in love with you too."

"Y-you do?"

"I do. I was just afraid that you don't feel that way too. I was afraid to lose you. So I keep it to myself. I love you too, Jung Chanwoo. Since the first time that I saw you in that playground with snot on your face."

"Do you really have to bring that up?" Chanwoo pouted and she cooed at Chanwoo's cuteness.

"Aigoo! Chanumon is being cute again."

Chanwoo turned serious and intertwined his hands with her. "So, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Do you really have to ask that question?"

Chanwoo went to her and set beside her. "As your new boyfriend, I will always protect you, trust you, respect you, comfort you and above all I will always love you.

She nods and look at Chanwoo's handsome face. "You will never leave me, right?"

"I will never leave you no matter what, I'll always be by your side."

She smiled and Chanwoo leaned to her. "I love you."

"I love you too, Chanwoo."

She closed her eyes when she felt Chanwoo's warm breath against her face. Chanwoo kissed her on the lips and the girl returned the kiss with gentleness.