|TWO|

Blake came stumbling into my house a few hours after I had left the beach. I had laid in bed the entire time crying like a baby. Why did I feel a million emotions? I couldn't be angry but I couldn't be sad either. I just didn't know what to make of it.

"Jackieeeee, wheressss Luke?" Blake slurred as she sat on my bed.

"I don't know. Come on let's get you to bed." I stood up and lead her to her bedroom and made sure she was safe and sound in bed before returning to my bedroom. I laid under the covers and stared up a'f the ceiling for a while. My phone began vibrating uncontrollably as I started to fall asleep. I checked caller ID it didn't recognize the number. I answered either way.

"Hello? Who's this?" I answered.

"Jackie. It's Luke. I'm sorry about what happened tonight. I just really love you. A lot actually. I'm sorry for leaving you and not coming back. But I'm here now. I'm only gonna be here til next Sunday. Is there anyway possible way you'd be willing to leave with me?" He asked.

"I don't know Luke. There's so much that we've missed in each other's lives and we're probably both so different now. The way things are right now, I probably won't. I'm not even sure how I feel about you anymore." I sighed and played with a corner of my covers.

"How about this, if I can make up lost time in a week and you realize that you feel the same way I do, you'll come with me?"

"Luke, I highly doubt you'll be able to do that in a week." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"I can and I will if that's what it takes to get you back." Boy was he stubborn.

"Fine." I said, second guessing myself a bit.

"Yes! I can't wait to kiss you, hold you in my arms, and love you like there's no tomorrow." I could tell he was planning this whole week already.

"One condition." I said abruptly. "If you think that 'laying me down' as we say, is gonna work you're dead wrong. I will most definitely not go if that's the case. Understood?"

"Jackie, that's not at all what I wanted out of this. I just want you back in my life. I promise that my intentions are good and I would never take advantage of you like that." He replied in that sweet tone of his that could make me melt. I shook it off and decided that I couldn't make it that easy.

"Fine. You've got yourself a deal. One week." I stated. "Now, I have to work the breakfast shift tomorrow so good night Luke."

"But tomorrow is Sunday." He replied sounding confused.

"Exactly. Now good night." I hung up the phone and laid back in my bed. What the hell did I get myself into? A part of me hoped Luke would prove himself but then again, did I really want to leave?

A few minutes later, I received a text from the same number that Luke had called me from.

Unknown:
So we forgot ground rules. No sleeping with each other right off the bat, of course. Am I allowed to hold your hand and such?

To Unknown:
If I say yes, will you let me go to sleep now?

Unknown:
I'll take that as a yes. Good night. Sweet dreams beautiful.