|THIRTEEN|

It had been a few days since I first moved in with Luke and things were going pretty smoothly. But all good things must come to an end. Luke had to go back on the road and I was terrified. I'd be with the boys 24/7 until he returned or until LeClaire wanted to see them. I didn't know how to care for kids. I was the youngest of my family and I had to only worry about myself. Now it was myself and three boys. My heart thudded at the thought of being on my own for a while.

"Good morning beautiful." I hear Luke mumble as he nuzzles into my neck. It sends shivers up my spine. I roll over to face him and am greeted with his beautiful brown eyes.

"Morning love." I smile and give a quick kiss. I lay staring at him intently when I hear the thunder boom outside. Rain drops pelting the window and cracks of lightning follow shortly after. Luke pulls me into his arms and buries his face in my hair. I keep my head rested gently on his bare chest while he rubs my back.

"What do you want to do today darlin?" He breathes, breaking the comfortable silence. I glance up and smile at him before thinking of what could be accomplished on a rainy day such as this.

"I'd honestly be okay with laying in this bed and cuddling with you til the end of time." I sighed.

"That sounds like heaven but unfortunately we have to get out of the bed and be the productive adults we are." He chuckled. He sat up then helped me out of bed. I slipped on a hoodie over my t shirt and shorts then put on warm, fuzzy socks before heading downstairs while Luke did his own little routine.

I picked up my phone off the counter and connected it to the sound bar that sat on the counter. I put away dishes from the previous night's meal while singing along to the music.

I began to pull out the ingredients I needed to cook for breakfast for Luke and the boys. I cut strips of bacon and placed them in the large frying pan to cook. I whisked eggs in a bowl when I felt arms wrap around me. I smiled and continued with the task at hand. Luke nuzzled into my neck and nipped at it out of the blue. I gasped and tried to keep contain the blush on my face.

"Luke, that's enough." I tried to scold as he swayed both of us.

"C'mon baby, dance with me." He said as he spun me around to face him then pulled me to the middle of the kitchen. He held me close as we slow danced and whirled around the island and towards the living room. He kissed my forehead then spun me around. I swear I felt a million emotions as he held me in his arms and I got lost in those big brown eyes of his.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your eyes?" I asked in a hushed voice.

"What about them? They're just plain old brown eyes." The ghost of a smile appears upon his face.

"Brown eyes are just brown eyes until you meet a special person with brown eyes. Then you can get lost in them like there's no tomorrow." I placed my hand on his cheek and stroked it with the pad of my thumb. He leaned into my touch with a shy smile on his lips.

"You smell something burning?" Luke asked in the middle of our dance.

"Shit!" I mutter and rush to the stove where the pan of bacon is engulfed in flames. Luke stands unknowing of what to do so I instruct him to get the bag of flour out of the pantry. He gives me a confused look but does as he's told. I shove my hand inside the back and toss a fist-full of the flour into the flaming pan. I manage to put the fire out and throw away the charred bacon into the garbage can.

"Waffle House for breakfast?" Luke mumbles. I nod in agreement before bounding up the stairs with Luke hot in my heels. I hear a loud thud behind me and Luke curse out loud. I turn around to see him sprawled on the stairs.

"Luke! Are you alright?" I rushed over and helped him sit up. He started giggling like a school girl for no reason the minute I sat him up. "Why are you laughing? You just wiped out on the stairs!"

"Because I tripped over my own damn feet like an idiot." He chuckled. "Serves me right. I admit I was trying to grab your behind when I tripped."

I gaped at him before joining him in his fit of giggles. I walked up the stairs behind him this time, ensuring my behind was safe from Luke's clutches. As we reached the last step, I swatted Luke's backside and he whipped around before pinning me against the wall.

"I don't know if I want waffle house or you for breakfast." He said huskily. My cheeks felt like they heated up to a thousand degrees.

"Uncle Luke!" Til yelled from his bedroom.

"Looks like it's Waffle House for breakfast." I snicker. He groans and leans down to kiss me again before strolling off to see what Til needed. I went off to get dressed before we headed out to go eat breakfast.

I put on a pair of jeans and a t shirt with my converse. I threw my hair up in a ponytail and brushed my teeth quickly. I went back downstairs and waited for the boys to appear. Sure enough, they came barreling down the stairs. It was still pouring rain so we raced out to Luke's truck. He opened my door then helped me in. He placed his hand on my behind and squeezed it as I jumped in the passenger side.

"Hey!" I scolded.

"I'll take a rain check on having you." He winked and shut the door. He ran around to his side and quickly jumped in. His hair was wet from the rain and began to curl at the ends. Luke grabbed my hand then kissed it as he drove to the Waffle House.

As I sat in the passenger seat of Luke's truck while holding his hand my mind wandered. Would it always be like this between Luke and I? Would we get married and have kids? Would God grant me an amazing rest of my life beside this beautiful person?

"Baby, you okay?" Luke asked suddenly, sucking me out of my reverie.

"Er... Yeah. I'm perfectly fine. Just thinking." I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Thinking about what?"

"Us." I said. "We'll talk about it another time. It's nothing bad, I promise. Now come on, let's go in and eat." I leaned over and gave him a swift kiss before we entered the Waffle House.

Author's Note:
GUESS WHO'S GOING TO A JASON ALDEAN CONCERT TONIGHT?

Not me that's for sure because my mom refused to buy me a ticket but bought herself one. But whatever...

Anyway...

Thanks for reading.

Please vote AND COMMENT!

-sam🌸