|ELEVEN|

I woke up with a bit of a pounding headache and saw Carter and Kent staring at me when I opened my eyes. I jumped and smacked my head on the bottom of the bunk above me.

"Damn it. What are y'all staring at me like that for?" I said rubbing my forehead.

"Just making sure you're alive, otherwise we'd all be out of a job right now." Kent chuckled.

"I'm fine." I muttered.

"You sure? Because last night you did a whole lot of.." Carter gave the sign for drinking and whistled. I rolled my eyes and got out of the bunk.

"Are we almost there?" I asked, feeling a bit woozy but steadied myself.

"Should be there in about 10 to 15 minutes." Kent said. I walked out of the bunk area and saw the guys playing on the xbox and eating fast food. They said my food was in the brown paper sack on the counter. I grabbed it and happened to glance down at the trash can. It was full of empty beer cans and liquor bottles because of me. I sat on the floor next to the small pull out couch and watched as they played Call of Duty while I chomped away at my burger.

I took a break from eating and pulled my phone out of my pocket. There were the usual emails and a few texts from Til, letting me know he and the boys were doing just fine at my momma's house. I came across a text message that almost made my heart stop.

From Jackie:
What's your home address? It's important. Please text me back.

I replied giving her the information without another word. My mind was going a million miles a minute thinking about what she needed me address for. I must've forgotten something and she simply wants to return it to me. I was satisfied with that and distracted myself from thinking about her.

We finally arrived and the everyone immediately got to work to store away the equipment. I helped Carter carry guitars, mic stands, and amps inside. When the work was all done we sat in the tour bus for a few more minutes discussing the plans for the upcoming shows. The new tour was just getting started so we tried to finalize the set list and any other preparations that needed to be done.

I walked off the bus to get the bronco with Carter hot on my heels. I started it up and he jumped in the passenger seat.

"What are you doing?" I asked a bit irritated.

"Going home with you. Now let's go." He replied and pointed at the road.

"No you're not. You're going back to your own home." I argued. Carter was as stubborn as a mule and would not get out no matter what I tried. I sighed in defeat and drove to my house. I pulled in the drive and everything seemed normal. I opened up the garage door to park the bronco inside but was caught completely off guard when I saw a black jeep with a Florida license plate on the back.

"Did you but a Jeep bud?" Carter asked getting out. I shook my head no then headed to the front door, which was still locked. Carter and I walked inside and saw the house was completely dark. I switched on the lights and it all seemed normal. As we walked around, all I heard was our shoes against the wood flooring. Carter and I conversed quietly until I heard the shower upstairs start up and music playing. Carter didn't seem to notice since he was blabbering on about something.

"Carter. I think it's Jackie who's here." I said.

"I know." He replied with a smug look on his face.

"How do you know?"

"Well she's the only one I know of with a jacked up black jeep that has a Florida license plate. And, she called me while you were passed out." He smiled. "I'll leave y'all to it because Kent is out front waiting for me."

I sighed and walked up to my bedroom. I opened the door and saw Jackie drying her hair with the towel over her head. I quietly walked over and wrapped my arms around her.

"Good lord, Luke! You scared the living day lights out of me." She cried.

"What are you doin here? You said you couldn't come."

"Well, I changed my mind. Someone made me realize you might be my one shot at happiness so I shouldn't let you go." She said. I leaned down and gave her a kiss.

"Since you're here, I'm taking you out to officially introduce you to the city of Nashville. Then we can come back here for some alone time. What do you say?" I said intertwining our hands.

"Sounds lovely." She smiled. I left the room so she could finish getting ready. I sat in the living room scrolling through my phone when I heard high heels clicking down the stairs. I looked up and saw her with a black dress on.

"You're beautiful." I smiled.

"You ain't so bad yourself Mr. Bryan." She winked as I led her out the door.

Author's Note:
I'm leaving now 😭

Thanks for reading.

Please vote AND COMMENT!

-sam🌸