|NINE|

I woke up to the sun peeking through the doors of balcony. Luke had his arms wrapped around me and it took me a minute of two to realize that I was naked under the covers with Luke. I slid to the edge of the bed and frantically searched for an article of clothing. Luckily, Luke's button up was there on the floor. I carefully got up, out of bed without waking him up and put on the shirt.

I picked up my clothes and quickly got dressed before folding Luke's and putting it on top of his dresser. I grabbed my shoes and kissed Luke's forehead before heading downstairs. I was expecting to see the house trashed but it was completely cleaned up. I found my cell phone and keys immediately.

I locked the front door behind me as I left that house. I started up my Jeep and drove home. I cried the entire drive. Why? Because I still hadn't formulated my decision and Luke would be leaving in a matter of hours with of without me. I pulled into my driveway and quietly walked inside. Blake was passed out on the couch so I did my best not to wake her up. I successfully made it to my room and laid down on the bed.

"What am I going to do?" I asked myself. I was overthinking things and I needed to stop. I got up and headed to the bathroom to shower. I dressed myself in a white t shirt and a pair of black shorts then laid back down in my bed.

"Hey, you're home." Blake said as she popped her head in my door.

"That I am." I muttered.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked before coming in and sitting on a chair.

"I don't know Blake. Should I be? I mean you were inexplicably rude to me and Luke who has never done anything for you to treat him that way. Not only did you do that, but you involved yourself and my mother in this. You didn't have a right to say the things you did about Luke, considering the fact that you barely know him. You were selfish and didn't once think about how I felt. I've never done that to you, in fact I always put your needs before my own. Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, I was happy for once in my life being around Luke this past week? No you probably didn't. And if that didn't answer your question, I'm not mad but I'm hurt and extremely upset with you." Blake stared at me wide eyed and her eyes watered. She nodded before getting up and leaving the room.

Today was not going the way I wanted it to. I was freaking out and I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. I felt like I was suffocating and the amount of pressure I felt in my chest was unbearable. I was conflicted as to what I was going to say to Luke.

"Fuck it." I said before getting up and pulling out my suitcases. I had the time so I thought I might as well. I blasted music from my speakers as I started packing all of my clothing into the large suitcases. I managed to squeeze the few pairs of shoes in as well. I ran to the garage in search of boxes to put all of my bedroom things in. I unplugged my tv and stared taking pictures of my wall then placing them carefully in the boxes.

Before I knew it I was hauling everything outside and into the back of my Jeep. I ran back inside to pack up my bedding. I was folding up my sheets and comforter when Blake knocked on my door.

"So I take it you're going?" She asked as she walked back in.

"Yes I am." I replied as I continued with the task at hand.

"Okay. Well I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything and I'm going to miss you. A lot." She started to walk out.

"Blake hold up." I said as I reached onto the top shelf of my closet and pulled out the red Folger's coffee can I had stored up there. I pulled out some bills and handed then to her. "Here's my part of the rent for next month. What you do with the rest is up to you." She quietly thanked me before leaving the room once again.

My room was finally packed up so I decided to get the few things I had stored from the garage. I decided that I'd put the hard top back on the jeep for the time being. Who knows how the weather is in Tennessee. I lugged the top out side with my tool box. Within a few minutes I was good to go. Now to sit and wait for Luke.

I plopped down on the couch and scrolled through my phone. Twitter had the same bullshit about me as it was the entire week. I kept going through my feed until I came across a post from Luke about his last spring break being great. I smiled and liked it before closing out the app. I felt my hands shake and I began to grow impatient.

I picked up the keys and headed out to my vehicle. I drove until I found the old navy blue house with the swing on the old, worn porch. There was a beat up truck parked in the drive way. I knew I shouldn't have but I parked and got out. I climbed the creaky old steps and knocked on the door. An older bearded man opened the door and seemed surprised to see me there.

"Uh hi. You must be Mr. Davis, you probably don't remember me but my mother, Lynn, sold this house to you about 10 years ago." I said.

"Yes I remember. What can I help you with?" He asked.

"Well, I'm leaving today and I just wanted to see if it'd be okay that I came in for a moment. Y'know, see the house one last time."

"Of course. Come on in." He stepped aside and let me enter. I walked around and admired how well this man had taken care of my childhood home. I walked up the stairs and into my old bedroom which was now a room full of art supplies and beautiful paintings. I sat on the floor and all of my memories came flooding back. I cried for a few minutes before getting up to leave. I thanked the man as I left and got back in my vehicle and drive away. I got back to the house and saw Luke's bronco parked in the driveway while he sat on the front step by the door. I parked on the street and got out. He saw me and smiled as he met me halfway up the drive. He pulled me into a tight hug before leaning down to kiss me. He pulled out of the kiss and I rested my head against his shoulder. I let a few tears slip from my eyes but Luke didn't seen to notice. I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath.

"So I take it that you're coming?" He asked.

"Hold on a sec." I said before sprinting inside the house. Blake sat on the couch, crying uncontrollably. I sat down and wrapped her arms around me.

"Jackie I'm so sorry for everything. You deserve to be happy and I should've never tried to stand in the way of it. I just didn't want to lose you. You're all I've got but you're leaving and that's okay. We all gotta do our own things." She said in between sobs.

"I forgive you but don't cry anymore okay? Because then I'll cry and I'm an ugly crier." I said and she laughed a bit. After our little talk, I wiped a few tears from my eyes and walked back outside. Luke stood leaned up against the door of his bronco.

"You ready baby girl?" He smiled. I grabbed both of his hands in mine and gave him a kiss. "What was that for?" He laughed.

"Because I love you so much, Luke. The past week with you was complete bliss and I've never been happier. I would do anything to relive it over and over again. But I can't go with you, at least not right now. I have some things to take care of before I can consider leaving. I'm sorry. And if you don't think it'll work out if I don't leave now I understand."

"I understand too. Thank you for everything. I love you Jackie. God, I love you so damn much that as much I want you to be with me and as much as this breaks my heart, I understand." He planted a kiss on my forehead before getting in his bronco and starting it up.

"Luke, I love you." I said.

"To the moon and back a billion times." He called back as he pulled out of the drive. I stood there watching him drive away. I broke my own heart and I knew damn well it was only gonna be worse then the past 5 years.

Author's Note:
PLOT TWIST🌚

Thanks for reading.

Please vote AND COMMENT!

-sam🌸