|TWENTY-FOUR|

The bright sun shone through the large windows of the room I was in. I woke up with my head pounding and my mouth feeling drier than a desert. I realized that I was in a hotel room and someone was in bed with me. The only thing I remembered was the cowboy from the bar walking me out to my Jeep after many shots of whiskey. I saw a brown tuft of hair peaking out from under the covers and instantly felt tears well up in my eyes. A huge was of guilt fell over me as I laid back down in the laid next to whoever it was. Did I really sleep with someone else? Was I that gone?

The man next to me rolled around and wound up with his arm around me. I kept my eyes shut as he nuzzled into my neck with his facial hair rubbing against my skin. He gripped onto me tighter before kissing my neck multiple times. They sent a familiar shiver up my spine. I opened my eyes to find a groggy, yet happy Luke staring down at me.

"Good morning baby." He smiled sleepily. I smiled back and reached up to touch his scruffy and warm face. My heart melted just looking at him. Why would I ever think, for even a second, about someone other than him?

"I love you." I sat up and crashed my lips into his. I missed him dearly and pushing him away didn't help.

"You're not mad?" He questioned in between kisses. I pulled away and smiled wide.

"No, I'm not. I don't even care. I can't be mad or upset with you. I just miss you. I'm sorry that I let a stupid thing make me upset and hurt the both of us." I laid on top of him, practically smothering him just because I wanted to hold him as close as I possibly could. I listened to his heart thud against chest for a long time and traced my fingers across his skin.

"What do you want to do today?" He mumbled quietly after a long period of comfortable silence.

"Honestly, I could be in bed with you all day if we didn't have to check out by a certain time." I replied. I got off his chest and laid next to him. I looked up at him as he bit his lip and looked me up and down.

"I'd be more than okay with that." He smirked and leaned in for a kiss.

"Oh I bet you would there, bud. Not right now though. We gotta go home." I got out of the bed and tugged on his arm. He made a puppy dog face and batted his eyelashes at me. I laughed and managed to get him out of the bed.

"Why can't we now?" He whined like a little kid.

"Because we got an entire house and huge barn to ourselves." I said. He took a moment and smirked at me after thinking about it.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" He quickly got dressed and carried me out to the parking lot.

[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]

That night, Luke and I laid in bed happily and talked for some time. It had been a long while since we had time to just relax, have time to ourselves and just talk. Most of the time when he was home, we were running around with the boys or Luke was busy working. It was hard. I missed him a lot and I just wish we could be this relaxed all the time. No catching flights, interviews, recording sessions but it was what he loves and I can't take it away from him for my own selfish reasons. Sometimes, I wanted him just to feel like Luke, not country megastar Luke Bryan. And maybe that's what I wanted because he's happy and he probably dies feel like regular old Luke who hasn't changed a bit.