|EIGHTEEN|

"Good morning baby." Luke smiled as he placed a cup of coffee in front of me at the breakfast bar. He walked around and wrapped his arms around me then kissed my temple.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"Why would I be mad?"

"Because after I told you about the whole situation last night, you didn't talk to me." I took a sip and peeked up at him from my mug.

"Well, I didn't know what to say. It was a lot to take in at once." He took a sip and looked at me with those big brown eyes of his. I remembered the look on his face the previous night when I broke the news to him. I was surprised at how fast he got up and didn't speak to me for the rest of the night.

Nothing more was to be said in that moment. I finished my coffee and placed the mug I was using in the sink. I immediately scurried away to the bedroom in order to get dressed and such. I threw on a blue pattern romper with sandals and quickly fixed my hair.

Luke entered moments after I had finished getting dressed and stripped down to his boxers. He quickly pulled out a new change of clothes and got himself ready for the day.

{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}

"Thanks." I said out of the blue that night as we sat around the crackling fire pit on the back porch while wrapped in blankets and a can of beer in our hands.

"For what, baby?" Luke asked before putting his white can of Miller up to his lip and taking a sip.

"I don't know . Just wanted to say thank you. There's a lot of things I'm grateful for." I mimicked his action and took a sip of his own action.

"Like what?"

"Well for starters, I'm grateful for you. Bo, Tate, Til, and the rest of your family. To get the chance to be in your world. And mostly for you loving me as much as I think you do." I scooted closer to him and felt his warm, large arms squeeze me tightly against him.

"How much do you think I love you?" He let out a breathy chuckle after asking.

"Distance wise, I say from here to that pine tree right over there." I pointed to the tree about 400 feet from us.

"That's pretty inaccurate. I say from here, up to the moon, then back down."

"And how far would that be?" I laughed.

"I don't know. All I know is it's a lot and that's how much I love you." He planted his lips against my temple and squeezed me tighter. I had a smile slapped across my face.

"Do you wanna marry me?" He asked after a long period silence. My eyes grew wide and I shot up out of his arms.

"What do you mean?"

"Simple. Do you want to marry me?"

"Of course I do. But if it ever does happen, we should wait because it's too soon right now. I mean, I would marry you any day but we gotta make sure we're both ready." I took a few deep breaths and studied his face for any type of reaction. His brown eyes bore into mine and his face was stiff and plain.

I felt my heart race and my breathing became ragged. The plain look on Luke's face softened and he scooted closer to me. His right hand moved up to my face and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. Both of his large hands cupped my face and before I knew it, he was leaning in and planting his lips against mine.

"I'm glad we're on the same page. And even though I wish we could right this second, I'm willing to wait as long as I need to because you waited enough time for me. Now it's my turn."

[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]•[•]

"Baby, c'mon wake up. We're home now." Luke said. I sat up in the seat and looked around. We were at the house but no cars in the driveway.

"Where's everyone?" I asked groggily.

"The boys are with my mama. They'll be home around 7 or 8 tonight." Luke smiled. We unpacked our bags after getting inside the house. I went back out to the truck for a few more things when I came back inside the front door to hear Luke singing along to Elvis upstairs. I quietly snuck up the stairs as he kept singing.

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you"

I stood against the door frame watching him sing as he unpacked his suitcase. He kept singing along with the music he was playing and it made my heart swell with love.

I finally pushed myself off the frame and wrapped my arms around him from behind. He jumped a bit, not expecting the sudden embrace, but relaxed immediately after and put his hands over mine.

"What're ya doin?" He chuckled a bit as I squeezed him in my arms a little tighter.

"Hugging you. What're ya doin?" I asked in the same drawl he used.

"Enjoying this hug." He laughed before turning around and wrapping his large arms around me. "I'm through with this unpacking. What do ya say we go watch something until our boys come home?" I nodded in agreement and followed him downstairs.

I snuggled up next to him with a blanket covering the both of us. We started watching a series called Orange Is The New Black until I felt my eyelids get heavy and eventually I was fast asleep with Luke clutching me to his side. 

Author's Note:
So I realized that I published this chapter without finishing it so here's the finished version of the chapter.

Also I realize that I'm not updating as much so I'm sorry. I'm in all honors and AP classes as a junior this year. I'm also on two softball teams and have back to back practices for both throughout the week.

I have a tournament this weekend! I'm really excited to play!!! :)

Anyway that's my life currently but I'm really trying here my dudes.

Please vote AND COMMENT.

Like for real comment, it gives me ideas and all that good stuff.

Thanks for reading.

-Sam