|SEVENTEEN|

The early morning sunlight hit my face through the window. I groaned and tried to bury my head into Luke's chest, which didn't help much. I propped myself up on my elbow to get a good look at him. I stroked his cheek with my thumb and stared intently at his peaceful face as he slept. He's a beautiful man and I'm lucky enough to be in love with him.

His hair began to flop and curl over his forehead and he had grown out his facial hair into a thick scruff. I sighed out of content and rested my head back on his chest then wound up falling back asleep.

It felt like I was asleep for a literal 5 minutes when I heard Luke curse out loud. I sat up in bed and saw him balancing on his right leg, while clutching his left foot in pain. He stubbed his toe on the corner of the dresser. I covered my mouth with my hand to avoid laughing but a giggle escaped.

"Are you laughing at me?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. I couldn't hold back and burst into a fit of giggles. He practically jumped on top of me from were he stood and started tickling my sides. By the end of it I was screaming and laughing. He finally let me get up then planted a quick kiss on my lips.

"Where's the boys?" I asked.

"They're with my mama for the weekend. You and I are going on a trip. I got our bags packed so you just gotta get ready and we'll go." He smiled.

"A trip? You packed my bags? What're you up to mister?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You'll see. Now come on, we gotta get going as soon as possible." He said like a child with excitement in his voice. I groaned and got up to get ready.

I was honestly exhausted. Looking after 3 boys was tiring but Luke was even messier than the kids. He came home and left a trail of a disaster behind him. I had recently come up with ways to keep the house clean and organized while Luke was on tour but now he's home for a while. His first day home he kicked off his boots and left them at the front door. I walked in with some things I had bought for the house and almost tripped over them. I smiled at the memory of Luke laughing hysterically.

I finished getting ready and double checked I had everything I thought needed for this mystery trip. I met Luke downstairs for a cup of coffee then we were on our way. He helped me into the truck with a boost and threw our luggage in the back. We drove for a while when Luke picked up his phone and called someone.

"Hey bud, it's Luke. We're gonna get a bite to eat and well be there in a bit." He said to the other person on the phone then hung up. I began to become a bit suspicious and curious as to what he had planned. We did exactly as he said, got some good and headed out to meet this mystery person.

"Why are we at the airport?" I was thoroughly confused at this point. We boarded a small jet and followed all instructions we were given. We were the only two people on board.

"Good morning. This your captain, Dierks, speaking. After a few pre flight tasks, we'll be ready for take off." I heard through the intercom system in the small jet. The door to the cabin opened up and Dierks Bentley came walking up to us. He greeted Luke and they talked amongst themselves while I was there, just starstruck until I was introduced. Dierks headed back up front then we were ready for take off.

The jet began to rattle and my stomach dropped. I wasn't used to turbulence because I'd never been on a plane. It was the scariest thing I've ever done. Luke seemed fine even though I had a death grip on his hand. The rattling finally ended and I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding.

"How you doing baby?" Luke asked.

"I'm fine. First time flying so I'm nervous." I gave him a weak smile.