|FOURTEEN|

"You're positive that you'll be okay with the boys while I'm gone?" Luke asked as we walked into the airport. He was going back on tour and I didn't know how to feel. I was definitely going to miss him. A lot.

"Yeah, we'll be fine. I promise." I gave him a reassuring smile.

His flight was called immediately over the PA system after he got situated and I felt tears sting my eyes. He'd be coming back but it still hurt to see him go. He dropped his bags and wrapped me in his arms.

"Does it get easier?" I mumbled into his chest.

"Does what get easier?" He asked, caught off guard.

"Watching you leave and being without you. I know it's only been two weeks since we've been together but holy shit it hurts." I wiped my tears with the backs of my hands.

"I don't know if it does baby girl. But I'll be back sooner than you think. I'll call you when I land. I love you so much." He cupped my face with his big hands and planted a soft kiss on my lips before heading to the gate.

I got in my jeep and cried my eyes out the entire drive back to the house. I managed to get it together before going through the front door. I heard Bo and Tate running around upstairs but Til sat on the couch while he looked at his phone. I tried to stifle a sniffle as I set my keys and purse down on the kitchen counter but failed miserably. I heard Til set his phone down and walk up behind me. He wrapped his thin arms around me and I began to sob uncontrollably into his shoulder. I was bring comforted by a boy who was practically half my age. Definitely a first for me.

"Jackie, my uncle Luke loves you very much and I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be like this. It's okay. He'll be home faster than you know it."

"Thanks Til. I'm sorry for blubbering like a baby. I'm sure you're used to it after all, I'm sure your aunt Lily used to get upset about him leaving too." I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. Til had a grim look on his face after I mentioned Lily. "I'm sorry. It's a touchy subject. I won't bring it up I promise."

"No no it's fine. It's just she never used to cry about uncle Luke leaving. In fact she was more than happy for him to leave to go on tour. I just don't like the things she did to him. He's great and she was the wrong person for him. But I know he loves you with all his heart and soul and you do too. I mean look at you, if you didn't you wouldn't be crying your eyes out." Til smiled and pulled me into an even tighter hug.

"What do you mean 'things she did to him'?" I was a bit surpised.

"I really don't know that much but I can tell you what I do know. C'mon I'll show you some stuff while I'm at it." He led me up the stairs and pulled an old, dusty box out of a storage closet near Luke's bedroom. I checked on Bo and Tate while he lugged the box inside of Luke's bedroom.

I opened the door and saw Til staring at a photo in his hands with tears brimming his eyes. I sat crossed legged on the bed next to him and gave him a pat on the back. He smiled at me and showed me the photo with his parents and Luke all smiling.

"Do you need a minute?" I asked quietly.

"No, I'm okay. I just miss them a lot. But here's some things that could give both you and I some insight on what went on between uncle Luke and Lily."

::::

"I don't know man. Til said I need to make a move. Take things a step farther with Jackie but I'm terrified of what that'll result in. I don't want to move too fast." I sighed.

"Move too fast? You told her you loved her and the she dropped everything for you. She drove to your house in the middle of night without a clue of where to go. I'm positive you're not moving too fast. If you were terrified of that you wouldn't have searched for her while we were in PCB." Carter stated with a twinge of annoyance in his voice.