|FOUR|

I stormed out after Blake was being rude to me. I started the engine to my jeep and sped down the road. I drove around until I found Luke's bronco parked in front of a large beach house. I pulled up and walked up to the front door. I heard laughter and such as I knocked on the door. I waited momentarily when a 14 or 15 year old boy answered the door. He looked at me confused for a minute until I said something.

"Hi, I'm Jackie. Is Luke here?" I smiled. He nodded before calling Luke to the front door. Luke came trotting up to the door in just basketball shorts and running shoes. He ran his hand through his hair before putting his hat on backwards. The boy retreated from the scene as Luke stepped outside and shut the door behind him.

"Hey baby." He smiled and gave me a peck on the lips. "What's wrong?" He asked immediately after.

"Blake is upset with me because I'm spending time with you and not her. She was especially upset because I left with you today after I said we were going to the beach. I tried to explain to her that I haven't seen you in years and I wanted to spend time with you and enjoy myself." I sighed. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"She'll come around. I promise." He said. "We're going out on the boat. You wanna join us?"

"I'd love to but I don't have my swimsuit or anything." I said, apologetically.

"That's alright. I'm sure Jordan has something nice you can borrow." He smirked and led me inside the beach house. I followed him up the stairs and to one of the bedrooms. Luke knocked on the door and a tall girl appeared at the door. He asked her for an extra bathing suit. She closed the door momentarily and returned with multiple pairs. I thanked her before excusing myself to the bathroom. Luke followed me to the bathroom.

"Luke! Go away, I'm going to change." I said pushing him out of the door way into the hall. He gave me a pouty face and still stood in the way so I couldn't shut the door. I rolled my eyes and closed the door as he finally moved. I quickly put on the bathing suit and put my clothes on over it. I left my under garments in Luke's room. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Luke's mother smiled and gave me a hug.

"Daddy, who's she?" I heard someone whisper. I turned around to see Luke rounding the corner with a little boy perched on his shoulders. Luke put him down, whispered something in his ear before the little boy ran off, giggling. I raised an eyebrow at him and he gave me a sly smile.

"Secrets don't make friends Luke." I said.

"Yeah but friends make secrets.." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and leaned up against the counter. He rounded up his family and introduced me to them before leading us to the dock. I walked behind the group and patiently waited until they boarded. Luke's sons, his nieces and nephew, along with his mother and a few other people boarded the boat. I walked up to get in but Luke stopped me. I gave him a confused look as the boat left, leaving him and I standing on the dock.

"I thought we were all going?" I asked quietly.

"Well, while you were upstairs they decided to go and leave you and I alone. It was their idea trust me." He grabbed my hand as we walked back to the beach house.

"So wait, what did you tell your son earlier that he took off running and giggling?" I asked.

"I can't tell you. It's a secret. Remember?" Once again, he gave me that sly smile. I playfully punched his arm and rolled my eyes. He clutched his arm and gave me the puppy eyes. "Ow! Jackie, can you kiss it?" He whined. I sighed and leaned over to kiss his arm. As I did so, he picked me up and spun me around. When he put me down, he leaned in and planted his lips on mine.

"You little butt head!" I laughed.

"What? I wanted to kiss you." He shrugged.

"You could've just done it. You didn't have to make an excuse." I teased. He rolled his eyes and pulled me to his side as we continued walking. We wound up sitting on the couch watching a movie together. He had an arm around me and held my hand, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.