Chapter Eight

I walked in and took a seat in the nearest chair I found which was in the dining room. I slumped in the seat and stared at the wall.

'Pull yourself together Penelope."

I said mentally to myself. I rubbed my legs and wiped my under eyes with my finger, to remove any sign of the lingering weakness I just had.

I sat in the chair for who knows how long, but Paul calling for dinner told me that I stayed in one postion for to long. I got up and peeked my head at Paul.

"I'm sitting this one out." I said dully to him and slipped back to the room and made my way to the garage. No one had been down here, it was untouched and just what I needed. I turned on the light to the bright, cold, empty garage. This is definitely just what I needed, this was my medicine, my new place for my thoughts to sit.

*Paul's Pov*

Everyone came and started to take a seat, Quietly serving themselves.

"Where's Pen?" Harry asked

"She said she was sitting dinner out." I stated taking a bite of taco. (how creative right? I cannot think of dinner, it is impossible, thus the go to tacos card is being played)

"Is she alright?" Liam asked

"I think she just needs to compose herself, she has many cracks and needs to collect herself, she is a person who takes a lot of stress." I said

"Should one of us talk to her?" El asked

"No she will be fine." I said

*Harry's Pov*

"No she will be fine." Paul said to us

The problem is will she? I don't know her well but who I see with us is different from who she is against the bad guys. Two different people she is purposely or not. She is kind and caring and protective and deadly.

Penelope is destined to crack anyone with this job is going to break, be worn down and torn to a fragile state.

We ate dinner having conversation, trying to keeping our minds off earlier, but the problem was I couldn't not but to think if Penelope is okay. Yes, we watch people being killed but we don't stop and think that Penelope is the one killing them. She has that burden, all the life's that she had personally taken, even if it is right in all the wrong ways.

We finished up and we all started to do our own things, the couples went to go do their own thing and Niall and I decided to stay and play some Fifa. It was a quiet match but trying to play football and have a feeling of worry on your shoulders is hard.

"Mate it's eating at me." I said pausing the game

"Good it's not just me." Niall said

"She has been down there for a while."

"Oh I thought you were talking about our tummys being hungry." He said

"What-No I was talking about Penelope." I said frowning at him.

''Oh that to." He said like that was what he was thinking to.

"She has been down there for awhile." I said again.

"Paul said not to check on her, that she just has collect herself, it was a hard day." Niall said

"Niall see that's the thing, I don't think she is 'okay' I think that she needs comforting or someone to tell her she is okay, yeah? We all need confidence boosts once in awhile." I tried to explain to Niall.

"I swear you are oldest and wisest sometimes." He said shaking his head

"Go check on her." He dismissed