Chapter Thirteen

*Penelope's POV*

I left the man in the room after I tied him up more and locked the door. Everyone stayed to themselves and I didn't see Niall after the evening. I don't regret doing it but I do regret that I had to show him that. I hope he has a better understanding of it now.

The night passed slowly not much noise was made through the house but when Morning rolled around all hell broke loose.

"Penelope!" I heard Paul call from the living room where I quickly walked it was still early and no one was up so it was important.

"yes." I said busting through the door.

"What do you think you are doing?!" He said in a raised voice

"Nothing, I am eating." I said stern, confused by his actions.

"Not what I mean, that stunt you pulled yesterday." He said taking steps forward getting in my face but I didn't move nor blink, I wasn't going to let this man intimidate me.

"I was showing him what it was like, he wanted answers and was breaking the rules that were laid when I arrived here."

"So he take him to the man and make him try to hit him!" He yelled

Now the boys had came down watching the scene.

"You don't think that I liked that idea but you all hired me expecting that I could find a guy him give me directions to this bad guy, he goes into custody and I leave away smiling happy. But it's not like that wake up and smell the roses Paul, because this isn't pretty nor a walk in the park and if takes showing them what I do so they understand what really happens behind there turned heads. You all turn your heads for what I do and I wish I could but I can't." I said getting in his face even closer noses almost touching.

He brought his hands up and shoved me back, resulting in the boys to step forward and start to speak up, but I waved my hand at them to stop. I regained my balance and looked at him again stepping closer. My leg burnt and I could feel it not healing to well judging from how my sweats were starting to soak with blood slightly.

"What are you going to do Paul." I whispered at him

He reached his hand up and side hooked my face, I faltered but didn't fall and quickly stood up.

"PAUL!" Liam yelled

I made the boys hold their ground as I once again walked to Paul. He had a look of regret in his eyes, but anger written on his face.

"What are you going to do fire me, because then they would be in your hands and when they died the blood would be on your hands, then thirty years later as their anniversary for the day they died you slid the cold barrel of the gun to your mouth and thought about how thirty years ago you could of bit your tounge and made sacrifices so they could of grown up."

He was baffled at what I said, he had no idea what to say, because I could see it he knew I was right. he knew that even though they will see things they wished they never saw they will be able to forget about it when they are grown up happily married and watching their two kids play in the yard. A easy life, everyone yearns for.

"That's what I thought. I am going to continue on with my morning, I have business to attend to." I said shoulder checking him on my way past him. I left my breakfast In the kitchen one of them will eat it I went to the garage and look at the sleeping man in the chair blind folded. He didn't awake so I took this as a great opportunity to be bad agent today.

I went up and punched him square in the face.

"Morning bastard." I said harsh.

He quickly awoke and moaned.

"I tried being nice I fed you I gave you water and I get nothing in return." I said and we sat in a silence.

"Would you like water." I said with a sicking sweet voice

He nodded and I smirked. He couldn't see it but he was gullible, like he doesn't even listen to the words I say. I grabbed a towel and a water bottle. I placed the towel on him and he started to squirm.

"Oh I'm sorry did you not understand me?" I laughed evilly

I poured it on him making him choke till he almost passed out and stopped leaving the towel on him.

I heard the door bell ring making my head snap up and I limped as fast as I could to the door. The guys even Paul stood around eyes to the door and I coolly limped to it opening it.

"What hit you with a truck?" I heard the voice I wanted to hear since the phone call.

I didn't even answer him I just flung myself at him putting him in a death grip. I really needed and like Slade always shows up when people need it.

"It was actually who it me when I was driving." I said in him

"Carry on guys just my business." I called and I heard foot steps signaling them leaving. I actually took a look at him and he definitely had signs of aging, I mean he still looked great he was only thirty-two, but this job makes you looked more aged. His hair was showing a few gray hairs and he had wrinkles digging their way into his skin.

"Come in." I said standing to the side. He was also in gear like me, but still casual straight jeans button up shirt with a jacket and then all his weapons hidden.

We walked to the kitchen, and he grabbed a water. He always makes himself at home.

"So how is everything going after my pep talk." He said

"That wasn't a pep talk." I said shaking my head

"Well it helped you so, I don't see how it wasn't a form of pep talk."

"Beer?" He asked me if we have any.

"I think so toss me one if there is." I said

"Oh man I am guessing it's bad."

"This is terrible, Slade I am digging stuff up that I think I shouldn't... we need to talk, in private."

He looked at me confused and intrigued. He nodded and nodded to the back door.

"STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS! I'M GOING OUTSIDE!" I yelled before going to the back door to the yard with Slade.

"So what are you finding out." He said taking a sip of beer.

"They know who I am." I whispered

"I wouldn't doubt it, I mean come on Penelope they have to at least dug that up especially from your cover as cousin."

"No." I said

''They know me, Slade I don't know but they know the real me."

"Your covers blown?"

"You don't get it Slade, they don't know me as a cousin or a agent, they KNOW ME."

He got wide eyes and looked around.

"How do they know that." He said quickly

"I don't know but why would I even be connected to the boys?"

"I don't even know, who told you?" He said

"Come on." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him through the house to the garage, I pointed to the man tied up and he looked at him observing the man and all his dignity ripped from him.

"Him?" He asked me making me confirm it.

"I am relieving you of interrogation, please go clean yourself up." He said

"Can you watch these boys for a few hours so I can go properly heal." He nodded