chapter: Twenty four

The whole inner core of me is dark and cold and the words that fell from her mouth I couldn't fathom it. It couldn't make sense as if I was trying to shove the wrong puzzle piece Into the puzzle. My face broke and the past flooded my mind. My face fell and I fumbled with my footing.

"It's such a shame, I got pregnant with you I couldn't keep you running the biggest gang ever so I dropped you off at the old lady's bakery but I didn't know that she in some way was connected to that agency the one that hunts us. And all these years you were being built in trained the best working and I needed that destroyed but you always have kept under radar to hidden to be found so we recruited these boys." She said looking at the guys sitting on the wall.
"Big enough for you to be called and always having to be in the public eye, the perfect scene to get you in the open, of course we had to make sure it was you, you change your look so much my dear. Don't you miss your long black hair, just like mommy's."

"So all of this putting these innocent lives In danger for me! The mistake your trying to undo! Believe me I know I have no purpose here never fitting in not knowing where I come from, the only thing I had was a name that I didn't even want!"
I shifted my weight and fell to my knees, closing to darkness.
I rise to my knees again looking at them.
"I don't go down that easy." I said but they didn't seem to look at me, but look towards me at the ground. I looked on the ground beside me and I gasped.
"No this isn't possible." I said frantically looking at my body on the ground.
No this stuff doesn't happen, runs with a paranormal half life half death experience. I've had my runs with death but never like this.
The room changed to a dim light. My surroundings being an empty room.

"Hello Penelope." A man said standing in a black suit pale skin and bright blue eyes.
"Where am I?"
"You are in the spiritual world, half life... Half death."
"Because I was stabbed?"
"Yes." He voice said softly, his beauty more then I ever had seen, almost as if he was no mere human.
"You are running on borrowed time Penelope, this is the first time one of us has been able to speak to you, and believe me it's an honor."
"Am I dying?"
"Yes"
"I can't go I have people to protect."
"You've been hiding from us, you've helped so many people but you have to bring yourself to peace."
Hiding is complex, lying about your identity never talking to the same person twice. A lot of skills that go into being invisible.
"Your not a hero, your only human."
"But to those people I am a hero, and they do exist." I argued
"What's your name?" I asked
"I have many."
"What do I call you by?"
"Marcel." His name ringed
"Do you feel that?" I asked as my body was washed in nervousness.
"I do."
A scream pierced the room and it was familiar, it was Niall's scream.
"I have to get back."
"I can't let you."
"Watch." I challenged
The lights started to flicker. My blood coursed in my veins like blood almost started to re-pump through my veins.
"I guess you won't give up that easy, it's been a pleasure, there's always quite a chatter on you, always placing our bets on you."
"One last thing before I go, are you the grim reaper?"
"I am one of the many." Was the last words I heard him say.
I gasped I took a deep breath standing up, this time catching everyone's attention.
"You- you were dead." The man said
"Let. him. go." I said so commanding every word laced with viciousness
Niall was in a head lock as the other boys sat tied up unable to do anything.
"You had no pulse." My mother said standing from the side.
"I had a talk with the reaper, I told him it wasn't my time yet."
"Now let him go, I didn't come back to just say hi."
I scanned over the room surveying two men and her.
One was already injured, I was getting them out.
I had my boots which I saved for the perfect occasion.
The injured man, I went for him, Harry gave me his button up shirt leaving him in a tank top, but it was big on me making it hard to move. But what I do best the man was bleeding from his throat in 4 seconds.
The other man he advanced taking in me throwing gut punches and knocking me in every which way.
But he was out before he had a chance. I slowly stalked over to the woman, firmly known as mommy.
"What now?" I teased
"You don't know me, never have."
"I know more then you think, how about your past lover."
"Funny how is name reminds me of what happened... hunted" she snickered
She grabbed my hair and threw me to the wall pinning me.
"All you ever have and will be is a mistake, you are running from everyone that is some importance in your life."
I closed my eyes my hip hurting and getting in my way, but as adrenaline flowed through me I snapped my eyes open looking through to her green ones.
"I've lied, I've killed... I've committed every terrible act in the book, but hunter excepted me for my flaws my emptiness the patches in my life that can't be repaired. I've become vengeful and wounded but it didn't stop him from giving his all into me and he's gone I've excepted that, he never wanted to me dwell hold grudges because in the end we are all 6ft under in the dirt and being those things will not matter. Those boys they have all been angels for me they have showed me life in no other way I have seen, opened a door for me."

I kneed her in the gut and grabbed her face in my hands turning her and slamming her to the broken glass wall a few feet away limping quickly over to her grabbing her by her shirt and pulling her up and lifting her feet off the wall,
"And when people hurt my family, the sliver of people that have actually cared for my existence then I don't care if you are mother or not to me I. Will. End. You." I growled the last part dropping her to her feet.

She started to laugh and I was slightly stagnant but I didn't show my emotions to much.

I heard foot steps down the hall probably three minutes out and I left her on the ground and turned to the boys. I limped over to them and got behind them using my foot knife to cut their ropes quickly.

"Everyone grab guns." I stated searching the corpses. There was only four guns, I gave one to Liam and paired him with Niall and I gave a gun to Louis which was paired Zayn and Harry stuck with me.

"You think you'll leave?" My mom questioned.

I walked over to her bending down, "what's you name?" I asked quietly.

"Allison." She said without hesitation.

"You won't win." My un cared for dry voice whispered

She smirked and looked up to me. "Let's see." Her voice said which angered me. She went up and kicked me and I faulted when Zayn came over and dragged me out of the room.

We started to run down the hall passing the doors and I could hear the men behind us.

"We won't make it!" Niall exclaimed

"Hush!" I said pulling into a open door. I searched around for anything useful and we were in a office.

I ran over to a bottle of liquor and searched through the desk quickly but didn't find anything. I ripped a part of Harry's shirt I was wearing and stuffed it into the bottle after I poured some of it out and drank some.
"Here my lighter." Zayn said with a shaking hand giving me it.

we walked back out and I lite the cloth. I through it on the ground in front of me making it unable to pass through to us, just in time to as they rounded the corner to meet eye and eye with us.

"Bastard!" One yelled through the burning flames.

I looked at the boys in front of me.

"Run." I whispered getting wide eyes from them.

"Not without you!" Harry yelled

"Dammit listen to me, you run as fast as you can like they are crazy fangirls and you don't stop and don't look back. I'll be right behind you." I said quietly.

"Go!" I screamed and they all slowly turned around and started to run.

I shot a few rounds at the men only hitting a few and I started to run after the boys. I dead sprinted and was about 100 feet behind me. My light foots steps could be almost not heard as if I was going so fast that I was floating.

They made it to the door but it wouldn't open and as I caught up I hit the door with all my might after I shot at the area if the lock. It budged and we went outside. It was becoming dark out.

"Car car car." I chanted.

"There!" Louis exclaimed

We ran over to it and I opened the compartment with the wires breaking the blue and red wires with my teeth and sparking them together. The car started and I quickly slid the car from neutral to first gear and peeled out firmly pressing it from second to third.

"Company!" Liam yelled looking over his shoulder, cars peeling around a corner.
I have know idea where we are I have never been in this deserted area.

Here we go. Once again, I am so sorry (bet you read that in tens voice) hehe

"Anyone know where we are!" I yelled

I got no's from everyone and I sighed quickly.

"Liam shoot!" I yelled again and Zayn and Liam actually started to fire at the cars. As I could tell they only were hitting windows!

"Aim for tires idiots!" I yelled throttled.

One came ripping around from the front of us and I quickly swerved out of the way cutting a tight right turn busting through wooden crates one flying up cracking the window, making me flinch.

We sped along through what seemed like ally ways it looked cold outside and slightly wet, as if it was still drying from yesterday's showers.

"I don't see them." Louis huffed in relief but it was soon replaced with tires heard in the back.

"Everyone out!" I yelled we got out and I looked at them

"To everyone you know, you're dead! You passed in a gruesome car chase and your bodies haven't been found! No one will know of your existence expect you and your band mates!"