Chapter Twenty Two ;) (idek)

have some doctor who feels gif in side bar (kinda relates to Penelope)

Penelope's POV

"Um, no..." I said

"Ms., may I speak to you for a second." A man I don't remember him being here.

"Very well." I said skeptical, walking out of the room, but I paused

"I don't care, you all resume your work." I said serious, in a low commanding voice, I don't usually use on regular people."

"Please, this isn't safe for anyone to continue."

"This is my shot to call, I will get the boys through the event safely."

"But the dang-" I cut him off

"Are you calling me incapable of my job? Must you be reminded I was assigned to this case not only because of my knowledge, physical ability and being the best in my force?"

''No ma'am" He shook his head

"Then we will finish up with the activities here, and then i will assign people to cars."

With a small sigh, he shook his head and walked back to the room.

I followed in after a few seconds, and spoke to the group.

"This will still go on and I will be on double time, to make sure this all happens safely and smoothly. I assure you I will stop any future obstacles."

"Now remove this damn bag." I said frustrated, getting ready to rip the needle out.

"NO, no, no, No... Do not rip it out!" Evan said running over to me

He lightly swatted me on the head, and I pouted.

He gently took it out and I said goodbye to him and the doctor.

"Now I won't be seeing you anytime soon?" He questioned as we stood out on the porch.

''I hope not."

"Have you thought about what I said last time?"

"I have."

"And your conclusion?"

"Is for me, this isn't the right time."

"For me or you?"

"Both.''

"I see, well I wish you luck on your journey, and that you don't see me anytime in the future."

I chuckled at his very similar humor, and we shook hands before we parted.

I went back inside, and sat at a chair in the chaos, I looked through my phone and as I was it went off. I answered it and pressed it to my ear.

"Hello." Lance said with his familiar slow voice.

"Hey." I said

"How is it going?" He questioned

"Well I got stabbed with glass, three new men for interrogation, a concert in who knows how long... This has all happened just today."

"Well you got it handled." He said, he is not supportive

"thanks... anyways, what did you call about?"

"Just to see what is happening, and to call you." His fatherly side showing

"I've needed that." I said shaking my head even though he couldn't see

"Is this to hard for you."

"No of course not."

I lied, of course this was hard, I have gotten almost no where except that I don't know the gender of the ring leader, it is gangs forming together, and that seems like questions more than answers