⚽️Chapter 6⚽️

"Girl! Wake up! For Pete's sake child you have ten minutes before I drive away with or without you!"

I wake up instantly, rubbing my sleepy eyes. "Wha-what?" I say tiredly.

"Do you want me to spell it out for you? Leaving. 10. Minutes." My dad says slowly.

I huff and stretch my arms.

"Come on, let's go!" My dad shouts again.

I throw the blankets off and get ready in about two minutes. I'd say that's the fastest I've ever done. Crazy what a girl can do within ten minutes.

I run downstairs, tripping on the last step and falling. Hershey barks. Right as I'm about to hit the floor, I close my eyes. Nothing happens.

I squint one eye open when my face doesn't come in contact with the floor. Somebody caught me? Probably my dad.

I stand up and brush myself off. "Thanks Da-" I stop. "You're not my dad."

Cameron is standing there smiling. "How did you get in my house?" I ask suspiciously.

Cameron laughs and says, "Your dad is taking me to school, Princess."

I stick my tongue out at him and grab an apple. Eyeballing him suspiciously, I take a large bite of the apple. He laughs at me and calls out to my dad, "I'll be in the car, Keith." My dad hates it when people call him by my grandpa's last name, Ashton.

"What you thinking about, Kiera?" My dad asks nonchalantly.

"Oh you know, just wondering why there was a boy in my house. That's all. Totally normal." I exaggerate this by swinging my arms.

My dad laughs and says, "Ok, sweetheart. Cameron's dad can't take him to school because he has work. And the bus doesn't go out that far. So his dad will drive him here around five in the morning."

My jaw drops. He's coming here. Here, to my house at FIVE in the morning?! Oh dear.

"Why five?" I ask, obviously trying to sound cool about this.

"Because his dad has to be at work by five-thirty." My dad answers, looking up at me. "Why do you seem so stressed about this?"

Stressed? Oh, I dunno, dad. Maybe I don't want a kid with a blessed face here, at our house, at five in the morning.

"Why?" My dad asks.

Wait, I said that out loud?

"Uh,... Pretend you didn't hear that." My mind goes back to the day I was talking to my stomach and Casey came in.

"Honey, it'll be fine." My dad says. I nod and head out to the truck.

Crap. Should've waited for my dad. Now, it's gonna be awkward just sitting there.

I think about maybe standing outside the truck, but, he'd probably think I was weird. If he doesn't already.

I take a deep breath and decide to climb in and sit there like an idiot. Great plan, Kiera. Oh yea, I'm great at those. I seriously need to-Why is Cameron looking at me?

"What?" I say. He just rolls his eyes.

"I said, did you study for the test?"

"Dude, if you didn't know, I was in the hospital for the past FOUR WEEKS. I'm not gonna be able to study."

He puts his hands in the air and laughs. 

Cameron nods his head and smiles at me. "Are you doing better?"

"Yeah, you should know. Since I got that goal on you." I smirk.

"I let you do that, Princess."

"Mhm, whatever." I cross my arms.

"Well maybe you can tell me about what happened after school today?"

Me? Hang out with him? Yes please.

_________________

-KD Montague❤️