⚽️Chapter 26⚽️

{Kiera POV} I quietly sip my coffee and wait for Cameron to come back to the table with his.

There's a little old man at the table across from me with bleach white hair. He glances up at me and smiles before going back to reading his newspaper.

"Ready?" Cameron asks, returning with his coffee.

"For what?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"To go on our walk." He says with a grin.

"Oh, I didn't know we were walking. I would've worn warmer clothes." I say with a sigh.

"You can wear my hoodie if you want." Cameron replies with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and pull the hoodie over my head before grabbing my coffee and walking out the door.

"Be honest, you liked me at one point right?" Cameron says without looking at me. I glance up at him and then back to my feet.

"Right."

"And when did that change?" This time he looks at me with a hurt expression in his eyes.

"When you didn't help me when Kaitlyn was being a jerk." I say stubbornly.

"That's what this is about? Really?" He says unbelievably.

I suddenly feel very stupid, so I kick a tiny rock as we walk. Cameron stops walking and puts his hands on my shoulder again. "Kiera, I made one mistake. One. And you're gonna base our relationship off of it?"

"I don't know, Cameron. I'm so confused and that was the only excuse I had, ok? It was just an excuse."

He looks into my eyes and shakes his head. "Kiera, I am a human being. I'll make mistakes, you'll make mistakes. It's who we are."

I debate on whether or not to give in or stay stubborn. Staying stubborn would only make things worse, so I give in.

"Fine, you're right. But that doesn't change the fact that I have a boyfriend."

"So he can just show up and all the sudden you're in love with him? That's not how love works."

I shut my eyes tightly and try to block him out for a few seconds so I can gain my confidence back, but nothing comes. Finally I slump my shoulders and say, "I don't know. That's all I can say, I'm sorry."

I open my eyes and look at his expression. His eyes look depressed, but his mouth is set in a firm line like he's mad.

After a few moments of silence he says, "Just... think about it." And with that he walks away.

______________________
{Asher POV}
"Dude, you're gonna have to end it." Chase says, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"No, I can't. I need her." I say, not looking at him.

-Thirty Minutes Ago-
"There's a meeting at 2 apparently." Jordan says, looking at a slip of paper that's attached to the wall.

"A meeting? For what?" I say, not really caring.

"I don't know, but it says 'According to recent events, there will be a meeting held at 2:00 pm sharp.' I wonder if it has something to do with you." Jordan says.