T W O

By the end of the movie, I feel like I know them all so personally because Ponyboy is such a gifted storyteller. I feel like I've known them my whole life even though I've never even met them.

Johnny kept to himself most of the movie, but he has warmed up to me a little bit as time went by. Two-Bit stopped drinking when he sensed that it made me uncomfortable, so he has sobered up a little bit in the cool, night breeze.

I tug my shirt tighter around myself as a particularly cold gust of wind rustles my hair.

"Do ya want to come back to our place? Maybe you could meet the guys." Ponyboy offers and I think before nodding.

"I'd love to." I smile, standing up.

Two-Bit and Johnny also stand up and stretch before we begin to walk out of the drive in.

"Here," Two-Bit says, grabbing my bare arm protectively and tugging me away from a fight breaking out between three of the rich kids and two of the poor kids. "Look out, Blue."

"Why are they fighting?" I ask and look away quickly as fists begin to fly.

"The Socs and the Greases don't get along." Two-Bit shrugs.

"What does that mean?" I ask, furrowing my brows as we make it onto the sidewalk.

"The Socs are the kids with everything they could ever want. The preps. And the Greasers are kids like the three of us." Ponyboy explains.

"What's the difference? Why do you guys all label yourselves rather than just accepting that everyone is the same?" I wonder aloud.

"That's just not how things work around here. Where're you from again?" Two-Bit asks, wrapping his arm around my neck and ruffling my hair.

"Minnesota." I answer.

"That's why you never heard of it then," Ponyboy smiles. "What's it like? Not having Greasers and Socs, I mean."

"I guess it's just normal. Everyone's just people," I shrug, still trying to grasp this new knowledge. "And they just fight like that?"

"We try our best not to, but the Socs like to jump Greasers for kicks," Two-Bit explains, rubbing his hand up and down my arm to warm me. "Golly! You're as cold as crout, Bluebelle!"

I laugh at his strange terminology as he begins to take his jacket off. I am slightly confused until the leather -warmed by his body heat- is plopped over my shoulders.

"You'll get cold, Two-Bit." I argue, making him laugh.

"I've got some meat on my bones to keep me warm unlike you." He teases.

"It's all that chocolate cake, Two," Ponyboy jokes, making Two-Bit begin scuffling with him as we walk. "Maybe it's time to lay off it."

"Are they always like this?" I ask Johnny, who smiles shyly.

"Not all the time." He offers meekly.

"Just most of the time, right?" I laugh.

"Right."