Chapter 12 | Missing

The house was quiet as Andy stepped inside, closing the door behind him slowly. "Mom..? Dad?" He looked around, frowning. Were they not home yet? He set his backpack down the couch and stiffened when he heard someone clear their throat behind him. Andy turned slowly.

"Hi, dad... " He cringed, meeting the intense gaze of his father.

"Andrew, where were you?" His mom asked.

Andy stood in silence for a few moments, unsure of what to say.

"Answer your mother." His father snapped suddenly. Andy flinched a little.

"We- We uh, we just went to.. A cabin. Yeah, there's this cabin up in the woods that.. I think Kuza's grandpa used to own? Maybe it was Josh. I can't remember." He chewed on his lip, the details of the story they had all agreed on sort of jumbling up in his brain.

Andy's dad continued to stare. "Kuza... And you didn't bother to ask for permission?"

Andy sat down on the sofa and scratched the back of his head. "Well. We didn't plan to stay that long, and there was no recep-"

"Bullshit." His dad rolled his eyes. "You know the rules, Andrew. You ask permission before you go anywhere."

Andy stared at his hands that were clenched tightly together, leg bouncing. "Dad, I know. I'm sorry, okay?" He mumbled.

"You're not allowed to see them until the school year." His dad finally said after a minute of silence.

Andy's eyes widened and his head shot up. "What!? Dad, that's not fair!"

"Yeah, well maybe next time you'll think before you run off with a bunch of druggies and a tr-"

"Chris!" Andy's mom gasped, cutting him off before he could finish. But Andy knew what he was saying.

"They're not, and you know that." Andy hissed, ignoring his mom's' interjection.

Andy's dad, who was red in the face and breathing heavily, didn't move his gaze off of Andy as he stood cautiously. Andy was trembling, unsure if it was from the fury or the panic rushing through his veins.

He looked at his mom, who was shaking her head and trying to convey the message that his dad was just frustrated; that he didn't mean anything he was saying. It was just hot air, blowing off steam.

Andy wrinkled his nose, balling his fists at his sides. "Just because I'm 16 doesn't mean I need your approval." He said tightly. "I can be friends with whoever I damn well please, dad."

"They have corrupted you." His dad shook his head. "Don't you see that? First your grades drop, then you start smoking, I wouldn't be surprised if you were gay now."

Andy's nails dug into his palms, resisting the urge to swing at his own father. His blood was beyond boiling at this point, eyes burning holes into his skull. "Fuck you." He snarled, grabbing his backpack again and going out the door.

He didn't respond to his mom calling him, or his dad's angry shouting. He shut off his phone and sat down on the sidewalk around the corner. Fuck, now what was he supposed to do? Andy put his head in his hands, rubbing his eyes as he tried to think of a solution to his problem. He looked up and sighed. Maybe he could crash with CC for a while... As he reached to grab his phone, a cold hand slid over his.

"You're fucking sexy when you're pissed." A familiar voice breathed, tickling the back of his neck. Andy's head snapped up again, looking over his shoulder to see the amused smile of the spirit that Andy had thought stayed behind.

"Ashley!" Andy gasped, turning around hugging him tight. "What are you doing here?"

Ashley chuckled and pulled back, looking at him. "I had to make sure you got home safe." He murmured. "And Chris wanted me to make sure Angelo did, too."