Chapter 18 | Witch Tales

The first thing Ricky did after Ghost left was go to his room to read the books he was given. He plopped onto his bed and laid all of the books out, aweing at the interesting covers. They were all so new and intriguing- He couldn't wait to read them all. Just as he had picked a book and cracked it open, there was a light knock on his door. Ricky looked up to see a transparent hand pushing up the door.

"Ashley?" Ricky frowned and set the book down. "Are you okay?"

Ashley nodded quietly. His form was visible, but see-through, looming in the open doorway of the bedroom.

"You look really tired. What's the matter?"

"Nothing. Just- Exhausted. Stressed." Ashley waved a hand dismissively. "Hey, um, you've read, like, all the books Chris has, right? Any chance you remember some about-"

"Witches?" Ricky cocked a brow.

Ashley grimaced and leaned on the door frame. "How did you know..."

"Because Chris said Andy's one." Ricky laughed quietly. "Yeah, there were a few. Some are about those witch burnings that happened forever ago, there are a few about the art of witchcraft... I'm sure Chris could help you find what you need." He shrugged and opened his book again.

Ashley nodded, thanking him quietly and going down the hall.

He stopped once he reached Chris' room, frowning a little at how the door was just barely open. Ashley pushed the door open with one hand and stepped inside, finding Chris sitting with his back to the door.

"Chris?" Ashley frowned. "Everything okay?"

Chris gestured a hand to the side, towards a few books that were neatly stacked on the edge of his desk. "Take them and go."
Furrowing his brow at the odd behaviour, Ashley shut the door and walked around the desk, leaning on the window in front of Chris.

"Look. I know this whole- thing with Angelo, and now Andy, is a bit weird, but I'm sure it's just a coincidence." He sighed.

Chris lifted his gaze slowly. "You think I'm upset over that?" He drawled.

Ashley blinked. "Uh- Well. No? I guess I didn't think that was the only thing on your mind, but I assumed it- nevermind. Thanks for the books." Ashley took the stack off the edge of the desk and went to the door. "I'm going to see Andy in the morning, by the way." He informed as he opened the door to leave. Before it closed behind him, Chris looked over his shoulder.

"Why are you so relaxed about all of this?" He mused curiously. "Why aren't you... worried?"

Ashley raised an eyebrow. "What would I be worried about? Andy's got a bit of witch in him, so what? I'm the dead dude that held the poor kid hostage in my bedroom. If anything, he should be scared of me." He leaned on the door frame. "Why?"

Chris furrowed his brow and turned around fully, leaning forward on the desk. "It's just that- Angelo..."

"Whatever happened between you and Angelo, is between you and Angelo. So I'm going to stop you there." Ashley put his hand up to stop him. "All I'll say... .is that if you really want him, you better hurry up and fix whatever you did."

"Thanks." Chris snorted. "That's helpful."

Ashley rolled his eyes. "Chris, do you love Angelo or not?"

Chris tensed a little, staring at Ashley. Love had crossed his mind, of course, but never had he thought to really dwell on it. "I- I suppose... I think." He knit his brows together. "Do you love Andy?"

Ashley grinned, slightly amused. "Chris, if I didn't, then I wouldn't be reading up on witch shit." He chuckled, shutting the door behind him before going back down the hall.

| | |

As he had planned, Ashley went to see Andy the following morning. He slipped in through the window with ease and smiled at his sleeping beauty, all bundled up in a tangle of bedsheets. Almost too precious to wake, but he longed to see those eyes. Carefully, Ashley sat on the edge of the bed, poking his cheek.

"Hey, cupcake." He cooed, poking again when Andy's face scrunched up in annoyance.

"Nngh.. Go away..."  Andy whined and rolled onto his side.

"Fine then. I'll let you do all the reading yourself." Ashley stood, setting the bag of books on top of him gently.

Andy grunted and pushed it off of him, pulling a pillow over his face. "Nooo. It's too early to read."

"Does that mean it's too early to snuggle with my little witchy-poo?" Ashley pouted.

Andy lifted his head and looked over his shoulder, removing the pillow. "Ew." He wrinkled his nose.

"What?"

"Don't call me witchy-poo."

"Fine, grumpy." Ashley sat down and pulled him upright. "Then you have to wake up."

Andy groaned and buried his face into Ashley's shoulder. "You're mean..." He grumbled.

Ashley rolled his eyes and kissed his temple. "Alright, fine. You can sleep for a little longer while I go get you some breakfast, okay?"

Andy peeked at him from behind his hair. "Blueberry scone and a pumpkin spice latte, grande." He murmured and pecked his jaw, falling back down onto the pillow.

Ashley paused for a moment. "From where?"

"Starbucks." Andy replied groggily.

Despite being confused, Ashley took what he assumed to be Andy's wallet and left through the window again. He found his way to a Starbucks and got what Andy wanted, returning to his bedroom.

"Hey, I'm ba-" Ashley stopped, smiling fondly when he realized Andy was sound asleep again. He set the coffee and the bag holding Andy's scone on the nightstand, quietly sitting beside him.

He held Andy on his lap, cradling his small body close. "Precious.." Ashley murmured as he brushed a piece of Andy's hair out of his face.

Soft snores left Andy's lips in a steady pattern, everything about his current state peaceful; relaxed. It was the most beautiful thing Ashley had seen. Rather, Andy was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. Such delicate and pale skin, nearly flawless inside and out. His pink, plump lips that drove Ashley wild, his messy hair- not to mention his eyes. Ashley knew there was something special about Andy the moment he locked eyes with the deep sea blue orbs that had an adorable twinkle in them every time he smiled. This kid really had Ashley wrapped around his finger, now.

Andy's eyes fluttered open, almost as if on cue. "What're you grinning at?" He mumbled sleepily.

"Just the most adorable thing I've ever laid eyes on..." Ashley murmured into his hair. "Namely, you."

Andy blushed delicately, cheeks tinting a light pink as he reached over for his breakfast. "Yeah, right."

Ashley took the coffee and gave him a look.

"Hey!" Andy whined. "I need caffeine."

"No. Not until you admit that you're the cutest and most beautiful being in the entire world." Ashley shook his head, holding the cup out of Andy's reach. "Say it or I'll dump it out the window."

Andy crossed his arms and looked away, muttering something stubbornly. Ashley cocked a delicate brow.

"Mm... What was that? I couldn't hear you..." He cooed.

"I'm the cutest and most beautiful being in the entire world. Now can I have my coffee?" Andy huffed, glaring at him out of the corner of his eye.

Ashley grinned, pleased, and handed over the coffee. "Good, witchy-poo." He snickered. Andy shoved his shoulder and glared at him more as he sipped from the coffee.