Chapter 15 | Chemicals

"Surprise, surprise. Your bedroom is stereotypically goth as fuck." Angelo teased Chris as they walked into his living space.

Chris shot him an amused glare, "You know, you've got a lot of balls for a human."

"According to you, I'm not a human." He replied without missing a beat.

The vampire sighed and stared aimlessly out the window. He muttered to himself in disbelief, "Just like Azrael." He walked over to his desk in the room and shuffled through a few things. "I tried to look through every archive I could. Both of what's here, and in the town library. There's no records for your family that goes back far enough for me to know if you're related to his family. Would anyone in your family have anything like that?"

Angelo crossed his arms over his chest in a self-comforting manner. "Maybe my grandfather. Maybe. He's the oldest in the family, I think."

Chris raised an eyebrow, "You think?"

"Y-yeah, my mom's uncle might be older. I'm not sure. I actually did ask my grandpa about it recently. He said we did have ancestors in Transylvania. One died in a fire, and the other moved away because of that."

"Come sit down." He murmured, tapping the top of the desk. "A fire..."

"I know. That's how Azrael died." Angelo responded as he pulled himself up on the top of the desk.

He seeped a sigh, "Yeah... Um, have you ever been stung by a bee?"

"Not that I can remember."

"Oh, well, it's nothing like that but I usually try to give humans some hope that this isn't as painful as it is. This," Chris pulled out a thin, long needle, "has extract of toothache tree, mixed with a few supernatural ingredients, on the tip. It's just the smallest amount, but a little prick will make half your arm numb."

"I hope you never become a doctor because you're not the most comforting in your delivery."

Just for his comment, Chris pricked his shoulder without warning. Angelo hissed and burned his eyes into the being in front of him. Chris simply laughed as he set the needle back in a box.

"Give that a few minutes to sink in." He said, "It's fair to warn you... You might feel something more than pain when I bite you."

"What, lust?" Angelo joked. Then he saw the seriousness in Chris' eyes and realized it was more than a joke.

Chris sighed and set his hands on the tops of Ange's arms, "There's a reason vampires are associated with seduction. When we bite someone, we put off a pheromone that can actually drive someone insane with sexual desire. On top of it, there's a full moon out tonight. The magic of the moon influences creatures to be very lustful."

"I'm guessing there has to be existing chemistry between partners though for that to happen?"

He lowered his hands onto Angelo's legs, leaning forward, "Are you insinuating that there is something between you and I?"

Angelo titled his head to the side, "A little pretentious, aren't we?"

"Take a deep breath." Chris whispered.

He hesitated, giving the vampire a questioning look. Angelo then closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. As he released it, he let out a pained cry. Chris pierced his shoulder with his sharp fangs. Angelo wrapped his arm around Chris' back and tried to breathe through the experience. Like an acid trip almost, he emerged from the initial hit of pain to a whole new world.

A sexually burning sensation consumed his body. He felt his blood flow fast as he held tightly onto Chris. A whimper managed to leave his mouth as the vampire retracted his fangs.