Chapter 31 | Pages

"Nikki." A voice taunted from the forest's vast darkness. "Nikki... Nikki... Come play..."

That voice, it sounded familiar, but he knew the body it belonged to was not the same person he was hearing. Nikki turned around slowly, examining the foggy distance of trees. His knew the voice and he knew the body teasing him, though they may not have been the same person.

"Nikki... Please come play..." A separate voice pleaded playfully.

Though it came from behind him this time, he still knew exactly who he was dealing with. His yellow eyes scattered across the forest until he finally caught a few falling leaves. A smirk spread across his mouth once he had finally caught sight of the creature teasing him. He raised his hand and one by one, sent a little bolt out of each fingertip. They hit one of the branches in a straight row, causing the creature in the tree to scurry to a closer branch and reveal himself.

"Not fair!" Jeremy whined, letting his actual voice speak this time.

The little leshy could change his voice, though he rarely ever used it for evil purposes. He was as cute as a creature could be, at least in Nikki's eyes. Thin, leafy vines were intertwined into Jeremy's black hair. He had several more vines and flowers growing over his arms, chain necklace, hoop earrings, the chain connecting his nose and ear piercings. To most people, he might've seemed like a walking plant. He was so much more than that and Nikki was one of the few that saw him for who he was.

"You never play fair either." Nikki replied.

Before he could manage a response, a loud boom in the distance scared him. Jeremy fell out of the tree from the startle. Nikki rushed over to help him out. Being as small and nimble as he was, it didn't really phase him.

"I'm okay." Jeremy insisted after the gypsy had fawned over him.

"What the fuck was that?" He said.

"I don't know," The smaller responded as he started to hop up the tallest tree, "But I'll look."

After he reached the top of the hundred year old oak, Nikki called up to him, "See anything?"

"Oh no." Jeremy muttered as he saw Scranton in the far distance, "The town, it's... It was all white for a second and now there's a portal opening over the castle. Well, not opening, but trying to anyways..." He glanced down the high height, "Nikki, that doesn't look good."

| | |

Hours later, after everyone else had established how 'not good' the situation was, Andy was trying his damnedest to be useful. He, like any time before he's tried to use his power, was letting his frustration cloud his mind. The others were growing a little impatient, especially Ghost, whom was getting upset over the idea of Ricky not waking up. He had to wake up, right? His heart was still beating.

"C'mon, dude." Vinny groaned as he let his head thud against the floor he laid on, "Can't be that hard."

"Well," He huffed, "You try being in my shoes! I'm under a lot of fucking stress here!"

"Sorry I don't want to be torn up by a crazy evil witch bitch!" He yelled in response.

"Kid, don't speak to him that way. He's trying." Ashley snapped.

Ghost sighed, not taking his eyes away from Ricky. The little monster rested in his arms as the two were propped up against the wall. "I hate to agree with Vinny, but he is right. My dad said we have five hours until the portal opens and we've already wasted an hour of it. Once we get the others to wake up, we don't know how long it'll take them to do something about it."

"We don't really have any other options than to get Andy to figure this out." Josh replied, "C'mon, just breathe. Focus."

Andy had been sitting on the table across from the couch full of unconscious bodies. He looked up to Josh, who stood behind the Victorian piece of furniture. Suddenly his eyes went wide, giving Josh concern. As Andy tended to do, he lost all his wording the second he saw the bizarre ominous creature behind his friend.