Chapter 19 | Restless

Few lights were left on inside a small family owned Latin restaurant. The stares were stacked up and the sign turned to "Closed" on the door. While his mother and sister cleaned up in the kitchen, Angelo swept the floor of the dinning area. He heard the door, but didn't bother looking up.

"I'm sorry, we're closed." He said.

"I know," Chris' distinct voice responded, "I'm not looking for service. I'm looking for you."

He huffed, his back still turned, "I said we're closed."

The noise drew the attention of his mom and sister. The two inconspicuously peered out of the kitchen door to watch the scene play out. Angelo leaned the broom against the bar top. He turned around to yell at Chris again because he knew he hadn't left. His words fell short as he was met with a vibrant bouquet of red roses.

"I'm sorry for being a dumbass." Chris softly told him, "You'd think I'd know better. When I told you I didn't want you to get attached, I meant I didn't want to hurt you. It would be the best feeling in the entire world to have a man like you in my life, but I could never bear to see you cry and I know I fuck up a lot."

Angelo gingerly took the flowers. He looked down at them, then back at Chris' deep eyes. Ange glanced back towards the kitchen door, catching his family peeping. He wasn't mad at all and just simply asked, "Mama, could you please put these in some water?"

"Of course." She smiled happily and took the bundle from him.

Once she was gone, he addressed the vampire in his presence, "I... I'm sorry I ran off. I know you don't like coming into town, so that shows me just how genuine you are. Nothing is perfect, and relationships," He snickered, "Definitely have their rough patches. Even though we're not really in a relationship relationship, but you know what I mean."

"Yeah..." He drawled as he looked upon Angelo's beauty, "I would like to be in a romantic relationship with you, but first, I would prefer to take you out on a real date. If you'd let me, of course."

"I would be more than happy to." He smiled.

Angelo's mom slyly snuck out of the kitchen for a moment and turned the radio back on. He glanced back at his mom and just blushed. She smiled at her handy work before returning to the back. Chris laughed under his breath at Angelo's quirky family.

He bowed, offering his hand, "May I have this dance?"

"I don't see why not." Ange playfully responded.

Chris took his hand, kissing it gently. The two came together with their hands held. Angelo's opposite hand rested on his shoulder, while Chris' held his angel's waist. It was nothing but peaceful as they danced on that old wood floor to some old Aerosmith song.

| | |

Two hours later, Chris finally returned to his home. He instantly was off put by the open door. They would never leave this door open. Cautiously, he stepped inside. The house was colder than normal, almost like a dark presence was about. He stiffed the air, picking up the wretched smell of a strigoi.

"Of course." He muttered to himself, "I can never have anything good happen without something fucked up happening in the same night."

Chris grabbed one of the torches from the wall. He held it cautiously, as it was just as much his weakness as it was a strigoi's. They were the vicious, uglier, and stupider versions of vampires. All they wanted was blood, and somehow one found it's way into his home. He thought about it logically; Ash has no blood to drink, Ricky's is too cold, and it couldn't catch Ryan if it tried. Even being animalistic, it knows the risk of attacking a werewolf is too high. If it gets scratched by Jake, it'll lose it's immortality. That left only one candidate for that beast to sniff out.