Chapter 30 | Need You Now

Ghost sat on the couch beside his unconscious friend, a bag in his lap. The bag contained various items and supplies his dad had provided for the task they were all about to face in a matter of time. He had a bad feeling about this, but it was more so the worry of facing Chris... That was kind of selfish; to be more worried about seeing a Vampire than an apocalypse. With a heavy sigh, Ghost looked to the stirring body beside him. Kuza slowly lifted his head and cracked his eyes open to assess what had happened. He blinked a few times, in attempt to get rid of the blurry, groggy vision, as he sat up.

"Ow... My head..." He groaned and rubbed the back of his head. "Ghost? What the hell happened?"

Ghost cringed, being that he wasn't entirely sure himself. All he knew was there was some deep shit going down up at the castle and they had to get up there as fast as they could.

"According to my dad, a-"

"Your dad? I thought you were pissed at him, why are you believing what he says." Kuza snorted.

"Just listen to me, please?" Ghost ran a hand through his hair. "According to my dad, a portal to Hell or something is starting to open at the castle."

Kuza was quiet for a moment, staring at his friend with a look of bewilderment on his face. "Seriously?" He coughed.

Ghost stood, slinging the bag over his shoulder. "Yes, seriously. And I wanted to wait for you to wake up so you could come with and help. I already contacted the other guys, they're meeting us there. Now let's go?" He glanced at Kuza. Kuza furrowed his brow and stood up.

"What about my mom?"

"She'll wake up in a bit, don't worry about her. But we need to go." Ghost sighed and left, with Kuza following behind.

The trek to the castle was quiet, but Ghost's mind was loud with thoughts and questions. Why did Kuza and his mom faint, but Ghost and his dad didn't? Was there something in his bloodline that Ghost didn't know about? Or was something in Kuza's?

"Looks like we beat them here." Kuza cleared his throat to jog Ghost out of his daze. Ghost nodded and pushed open the partially open entrance. It was a bit more than eerie that it was cracked open like that; almost as if someone had left it open on their way in... or out. The thought alone sent shivers down his spine.

Ghost took a step inside and saw a trembling figure at the bottom of the stairs, clinging to the stone railing pillar tightly. Ghost immediately recognized the figure as Andy and rushed over.

Andy's head snapped up, his eyes wide and wild with terror. He pushed himself away, shaking his head wildly as he was so blinded by fear that he didn't take the time to realize the figures quickly approaching him were friends.

"No! No! Get away- Get away, pl-please!" He cried, turning his head away.

"Andy, dude, it's us- Ghost and Kuza- Jesus Christ, what happened to you?" Kuza gaped, observing the distraught appearance of his friend.

Andy stopped fussing and lifted his head slowly to look. Immediately he threw himself towards them, an arm going around each of them as he began to sob.

"It's all my fault! I released her and then- she released them, and then everything happened so fast and now I can't find Ashley, and- and Jinxx and Danny and Ricky and Ryan and Jake and Angelo- they're all unconscious- And I can't find Chris anywhere.. "

Ghost's eyes widened, and he pulled back quickly. His heart pounded in his chest rapidly at the mention of Ricky, eyes snapping up to look at the top of the stairs. "Ricky..?"

Kuza paid no mind to him, continuing to talk with Andy.

"Andy, just calm down.. Who is 'she' and 'them'?"