We're Not Alone

Picture of Liz above.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Everyone around me is running in and out of the trees that surround us. I slowly walk towards one with a big smile on my face. I reach a hand out and touch the bark. It's so different.

Everything on the Ark is cold, but I can feel the heat from the sun on my skin and I once again take in a deep breath of real oxygen.

I look around at the people who around me and I spot Clarke hushed over the map. Always the leader I think to myself.

I slowly make my way towards her and I see Wells down the same.

"We got problems. The communications system is dead. I went to the roof. A dozen panels are missing. Heat fried the wires."

"Well, all that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather. See? Look. This is us. This is where we need to get to if we want to survive."

"I thought we were on Mount Weather?" I ask as I approach.

Clarke's head snaps up and looks at me. Her eyes narrow. "What are you doing here Elizabeth?" she asks coldly.

Ouch, that hurt. Clarke never calls me Elizabeth. Always Liz or Beth, never Elizabeth.

"Well I was locked up, then I was sent down here to die, just like everyone else," I tell her, ticked off.

"Liz." Wells breathes.

"Hi, Wells. Long time no see, yeah?" I turn to him with a smile.

"Ah, cool, a map" Finn comments as he walks over, not realising the tension between us.

A guy with goggles walks over to Clarke and says: "They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer."

Wells pushes him away. "You mind?"

"Whoa."

"Hey, hey, hands off of him. He's with us," a boy with longish brown hair calls out.

"Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are," Wells tells him.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" a voice behind me calls out.

I turn around and find Bellamy and Octavia standing there. He looks down at me. His eyes are brown I realise.

"We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority." Wells says to everyone.

"Screw your father. What, you think you're in charge here, you and your little Princess?" Bellamy says looking away from me.

"Do you think we care who's in charge? We need to get to Mount Weather not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now." Clarke says pushing me aside looking around at everyone.

"I got a better idea. You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change." Bellamy tells her, crossing his arms.

Privileged? 'Cause  I was so fucking privileged.

Yells of agreement erupted within the group of teenagers.

"You're not listening. We all need to go." Wells tried to reason.

"Look at this, everybody... The Chancellor of Earth," the boy form earlier says pushing Wells.

"Think that's funny?" Wells asks him taking a step forward.