Earth Kills

I awoke to the sound of pain filled moans above me.

Jasper.

For the last couple days, he had been like this. Unconscious, but in pain. I push myself up from where I had lied on the floor of the dropship and climbed up the ladder to where Jasper was.

When I got up there I found Clarke leaning over him, checking his wounds.

"How is he?" I ask softly as I step off the ladder.

She looks up at me, "his pulse is three eighty, so not so good," she tells me.

"Shit," I grumble.

I walk over to Jasper's head and slowly stroke his hair. "You're gonna be fine, you hear me? You're not allowed to give up," I whisper in his ear.

Jasper lets out another moan and from the lower levels yells, "Can he die already?"

Clarke looks at me, "I'm gonna get clean water. Keep an eye on him," she tells me.

I nod, but my eyes never leave Jasper.

He had to make it through this. Jasper was the first friend I had made years after being locked up. I needed him to survive. Just survive somehow, Jasper.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

The next morning I was helping Clarke clean Jasper's wounds in order to prevent infection. As Clarke pours some water on the wound, Jasper lets out a scream of pain.

"The Grounders cauterised the wound. Saved his life," Clarke noted, confused as to why they would do such a thing.

"Saved his life so they could string him up for live bait. Garden of Eden this ain't," Finn said as he came up the ladder into the room.

"Loving the optimism here, Finn," I told him rolling my eyes.

As Clarke and I are cleaning Jasper's wounds I notice some weird colouration on his skin.

"Clarke," I tell her pointing to the discolouration.

She looks at it and I can see her heart break. "This is infected. He could be sceptic."

I glance at Monty whose head has come up from the wristband in front on him and his now fixated on his friend.

"Any progress on using the wristbands to contact the Ark?" I ask him.

Monty continues to look at Jasper.

"Monty?"

"That would be a firm no," he finally answers.

"My mother would know what to do," Clarke mutters, frustrated with herself.

"Hey, you'll figure it out. You always do, Griffin," I tell her softly. She smiles softly at me as a show of thanks.

"How's he doing?" Wells asks a he comes up the ladder.

"How does it look like he's doing, Wells?" Clarke snaps at him hostilely.

He puts both his hands up in surrender, "hey I'm just trying to help," he tell her softly.

As Jasper lets out another moan of pain, I see Clarke come up with an idea.

"Right. You want to help? Hold him down," she orders.

I make my way next to Clarke and hold down one of Japer's arm while I watch Clarke place a knife and placing it in a fire. It clicks. She's going to burn away the infected tissue.