I Am Become Death - Part 1

Elizabeth POV:

I sat in my clearing staring blankly at the trees in front of me. A group had left earlier to go search the crash site of the Exodus Ship. I pleaded for Bellamy to let me come. To find Matt. To bury him. But Bellamy wouldn't let me. I felt anger build up in my stomach. I was angry at Jaha. Angry at father. Angry at Bellamy. But I was angry at myself. I should've told Matt to wait. I should've done something. I slammed my fist into the ground in frustration.

"Liz?" I voice calls out carefully.

I turn my head slightly to find Octavia behind me.

"What do you want?" I ask coldly. "I came out here to be on my own."

"I just wanted to see how you were, if you were okay," she replied softly.

"Okay? I just lost the person I care about the most and you think I'm gonna be okay?" I snarl at her.

"Hey, I'm just trying to-" Before she could finish a clattering came from the trees in front of us.

"Somebody hit the trip wire!" Connor yelled from the dropship.

Octavia and I scrambled to our feet and ran towards the sound.

Behind us I can hear feet running towards us.

"Was it a grounder?" someone yells.

"I don't see anything!" someone shouts back.

I hear the rattling again and I ran straight towards it. I come to an abrupt stop as I see someone cowering on the floor. I crouch down and look at the men on the ground. He lifts his head and looks right at me.

I gasp as I recognize the man before me. "Murphy?"

I reach out to move his hair out of his face, but before I can he flinches away from my touch. "Hey, hey I'm not going to hurt you. I gonna take you back to camp and clean you up okay?" I tell him gently, holding my hands out in front me. Behind me I hear the others come towards us. "Get back," I growl at them.

"Murphy?" Octavia gasps.

"No one touches him but me. We're taking him back to camp and helping him. Got it?" I snap at others behind me, not breaking eye contact with Murphy.

"But Bellamy-" Connor starts.

"I don't care what Bellamy wants. I'm helping him," I say as I gently place my hands on Murphy's arm and help him off the ground. Murphy grunts in pain and I put his arm over my shoulder and start to walk towards camp. I take a few steps before, someone steps in front of me. "You better move, or I can't promise what will happen to you." I watch the delinquent hesitate before moving out of the way.

I reposition Murphy and begin the trek back to camp.

➳➳➳➳➳

As I walk towards the dropship, I hear people whispering to each other. I glare at anyone who looks at Murphy or me. We slowly make out way into the dropship and I gently place Murphy down against the wall.

"I'll be right back, I'm just gonna get something to clean you up," I say as I walk quickly over to the table of medical supplies

"I tried, Liv, I tried," Murphy cried softly. I looked through the supplies in front of me and found a cloth. I grabbed the bowl of water on the bench and quickly made my way back to Murphy.

"What did you try, Murphy?" I ask softly as I dampen the cloth.

"You told me to survive. I tried Liz, but they were- I couldn't do anything," Murphy whimpered.