Day Trip

Cayden above.

➳➳➳➳➳➳

Bellamy POV:

I sat at the fire, staring into the embers.

I hit her. I hit her.

I hit my Angel.

I told her I would take the pain away, but I just ended up causing more. As I sit there I hear someone approach form behind. I turn to find Clarke sit down next to me.

"Hey," I say softly.

"Hey. You seen Liz around anywhere?" she asks. "Her dad wants to talk to her."

"I saw her a couple hours ago go to her clearing, but not since then. I think she needs some space after....what happened."

I hear her swear under her breath. She rubs at her eyes. "Can you please talk to him while I find her? He's getting impatient and I can only stall so long." I go to refuse but Clarke cuts me off, "Believe it or not you know her the best down here. She's not exactly the girl I used to know. You just need to tell him how she is, that's all." I look at Clarke for a moment before reluctantly nodding.

"Thank you," she breathes.

I give her a final nod before heading towards the communication tent. I take a deep breath and sit before Chancellor Kane.

"You are not my daughter," he says bluntly.

I chuckle at his statement. "No, I am not, but your daughter is...recovering," I say slowly.

"Recovering? From what? Is she injured?" he asks concerned.

"She's fine. Well as fine as you can be on the ground."

He nods at me. "How is she? Is she coping?"

"She's adapting. You have to do things down here you never thought you would have to, but she's strong. Stronger than most of us actually."

"She always was. Even after everything."

"Sir, can you tell me what happened? I just wanna help her and to do that I need to know what happened," I plead, looking at him desperately.

His face falls blank and he looks down at the ground. "I shouldn't be the one to tell you. If you are close with my daughter, she'll tell you when she's ready. But when you find out, don't run. Don't judge her, be there for her. Unlike I was."

Before I can respond, Clarke quickly enters the tent. "Bellamy, it's Liz," she pants.

My eyes snap to hers. "What is it?"

"She's gone. We can't find her. She's not in her clearing or in the dropship. She's gone."

"What do you mean gone?" Kane asks from the monitor.

"It means the grounders have her most likely. Fuck," I swear under my breath. "I'm going to look for her," I tell Clarke, leaving the tent. I hear Clarke say something to Kane and then follow me.

I walk quickly towards my tent and as I do I hear Clarke call my name. "Bellamy! Wait a minute!"

"What?" I growl spinning around to face her.

"I know you wanna find her, I do too. But we can't just go after her. We need to think. Plan."

"No, Clarke! We are finding her now. We just got her back and now she's gone. Again. This time on her own. We need her here."

"I know that. But-"

"There is no but! I need to find her!"

"Bellamy, just listen for a second! We need Liz, but we also need supplies for winter. Kane told me of a bunker where we might find supplies east from here. We go to the bunker from there we look for Liz. Okay? We go for the day, and if we don't find her, we come back and get more people to search. Okay?" she tells me softly placing her hand on my shoulder.