I Am Become Death - Part 2

Elizabeth POV:

My eyes flutter open to see the dark roof the dropship above me. I slowly sit up wrapping my arm around my stomach as if to stop the waves of pain emanating from there.

"Hey Liz, take it easy," Murphy says to me softly quickly coming over to me. I reach out my other hand and place it on his shoulder to slowly stand up.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask, my throat burning. Murphy gently took a damp cloth and wiped away the sweat forming on my brow. 

"A couple hours, not long though," Murphy replied. 

Before I can ask Murphy anything else someone staggers into the dropship coughing heavily. I slowly stand and start towards the delinquent. As I get closer I recognise the soft, brown curls and rush towards Bellamy.

"Bellamy!" I call out, grabbing his arm and placing it around my shoulders.

"I'm fine," he coughs. 

"No you're not, but you're going to be. I'm gonna help you okay?" I tell him softly as I take him to the area I was just in and lay him gently on the floor. "You're gonna be just fine, you hear me?" 

"I'm scared, Angel," he whispers to me.

"It's okay to be scared, but don't let that fear control you. Screw you I'm not afraid right? Comrade, I'm not going to let anything happen to you," I promise him, as I take a damp cloth and wipe away the blood on his face. I gently lay his head in my lap and comb my fingers through his hair. "get some sleep, Bell. I'll be here when you wake up, okay?" I whisper to him softly.

Bellamy looks at me for a moment, before his eyes start to close slowly. He mumbles something before he finally falls into a deep sleep.

"You care about him don't you?" a voice asks from next to me. I turn my gaze away from Bellamy's sleeping form, to find Murphy staring at me. 

"I-...I do. We get each other. I never really had that back on the Ark. I was mainly just Kane's daughter. Nothing else, not Liz, not anything except his daughter. I'm just happy someone sees me as something. As an actual person," I tell Murphy softly, looking down at Bellamy once again.

"Just...be careful okay?" Murphy warns me.

"I will. Now get some sleep. You've been up for hours and you're still sick, so sleep."

Murphy holds my gaze for a moment before relenting and lying on the floor near me and closing his eyes. 

As he falls asleep I take a deep breath and look around at the campers around me, all sick and in pain. I softly sing under my breath an old song that I heard on the Ark whilst gently running my hands through Bellamy's hair.

"Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you"

 ➳➳➳➳➳    

Hours later, Murphy had woken up and had begun giving water to the many delinquents in the dropship. Just as he approach Bellamy and I, Bellamy glared at him. "Get the hell away from me," Bellamy growled. 

"Bellamy, you're sick, okay? I'm just trying to help. Here," Murphy said whilst trying to pass him a cup of water. However, Bellamy began to scramble away from him.

"Hey, I got this one," I tell Murphy, gently taking the cup from him. "Go check on Clarke. I'm sorry about him," I whisper to him. Murphy sighs and nods at me before going to the other side of the dropship to check on the sleeping form of Clarke. 

"Here," I tell Bellay softly, as I cradle his head and slowly help him drink some water. 

"You feeling better?" he asks me after he finishes his water. 

"Yeah, as fit as a fiddle," I chuckle

Bellamy laughs softly at my poor attempt at lightening the mood. "That's good. Have you seen Octavia?

"She was up all night helping people. Murphy gave her a break," I tell him.

"Don't tell me you trust him now." 

"I do. He understands me and I don't believe he's a bad person. Remember what you said to me? 'Just because people do horrible things, it doesn't always mean they're terrible people.' Murphy isn't a bad person, he's just been put in bad situations."

Bellamy looks at me strangely for a moment, like he can't believe that I'm real. I break eye contact with him and look out the dropship. Bellamy follows my gaze and looks out at the rising sun.

"It's almost dawn. Better get everyone inside. If we lock the doors, maybe the Grounders will think we're not home."

"Not everyone is sick," I point out.

"Sick is better than dead," he tells me.

"You don't think the bomb will work," I murmured. 

"Do you?" he asks. 

I look away for a moment before I stand up, "I'll get everyone inside."

As I go to exit the dropship a loud boom sounds over the trees and I watch as a large cloud of smoke emerges over the trees.

"They did it," I mutter. As I look at the growing smoke cloud I think back to the quote my grandfather always said. "I am become death, destroyer of worlds," I whisper. Bellamy looks down at me, as if to figure out a puzzle. "It's Oppenheimer, the man who built the first--"

"I know who Oppenheimer is, Angel," Bellamy smirks. 

"Well you never know. You have this whole macho man persona going. I didn't know you were a nerd under all that. Maybe you need some glasses to go with your nerdiness," I giggle. 

For the first time, I hear Bellamy let out a full blown laugh and it brings a true smile to my face. "I'm not a nerd, Angel. I'm just....knowledgeable."

"Nah, you're a nerd," I tell him with a smirk. 

"Whatever you say," he mutters. 

For the first time in a long time, I felt as though we would be okay. Even if it was only for a short time. 

 ➳➳➳➳➳   

Hey guys,

Here's the next chapter. It's only a filler so that's why it's so short. Sorry it took so long to upload, it's been a very busy couple of weeks. I'm on holidays in a couple weeks so hopefully I can bang out a few chapters then as after that I've got to start prepping for my final exams.

Although it was short I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! What do you think Liz is going to do next?

Em