Conceal Don't Feel

Kiana

"Well, I can't exactly tell Cedric, you tell him," I whispered as Harry and I sat down in the Great Hall for breakfast.

"Kay," Harry sighed, "You have to forgive him and Christian soon."

"The day you forgive Ron is the day I'll forgive them," I said sternly.

"Fine, I'll warn him." Harry groaned and shoved a piece of bacon into his mouth.

"We have ten minutes until class, want to come ?" Harry asked.

I shook my head.

I had lessons with Dumbledore.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked catching Jake and Ron's attention.

They had approached us.

"You okay Kay," Ron asked.

Before I could reply Harry beat me.

"Scram Ron," Harry spat. "This doesn't concern you."

Ron rolled his eyes and clasped a hand around my wrist. He dragged me out of the Great Hall with Jake following behind.

"Are you okay?" Ron asked again. I nodded. "Then what is Harry so worried about?"

"I won't be at lessons today," I sighed.

Ron and Jake both rose an eyebrow.

"And why not?" Jake asked.

"The teachers already approved of my absence today. No need to worry." I sighed.

Ron pulled me in for a hug and sighed.

"Just be careful, okay," Jake frowned.

I pulled Jake in for a hug.

"I'll be okay you overprotective git," I giggled.

Jake rolled his eyes and hugged me tighter. He then let me go and I waved goodbye as Ron and Jake made their way to Double Potions. Harry then came out of the Great Hall with a scowl on his face.

"You okay," Harry asked.

I giggled and nodded. I pulled Harry in for a hug and his tenseness faded away and he relaxed in my arms. I pulled out of the hug and looked into his beautiful green eyes.

"I'll see you at dinner?" I asked. Harry nodded. "Don't forget to tell him okay?"

Harry blushed and nodded. I waved goodbye as Harry made his way to Double Potions.

"Are you ready Ms. Diggory," Dumbledore asked as he approached me.

I simply nodded and followed behind him to his office.

***

"What am I learning today?" I asked politely.

"Well, considering you came out of the hospital just yesterday, I'd like to work on something that won't use up too much emotion." Dumbledore explained.

"I want to try it again professor," I said immediately. Dumbledore smiled.

"I was hoping you'd say that," he smiled. "What angers you the most?"

Being in second place for anything and everything angers me the most.

I felt the inner fire burn inside me.

Flames erupted from my fingertips and hair.

"Conceal it. Don't feel it. Let it go." Dumbledore said. (cough cough)

I controlled my breathing and let all that negativeness go. A single flame floated in my hand and I smiled.

"Good job." Dumbledore applauded.

I closed the palm of my hand extinguishing the flame in my hand.

"I did it!" I said cheerfully.

"Indeed you did." He smiled.

"What's next?" I asked excitedly.

"Fear," Dumbledore said worriedly.

"I - I can't imagine my worst fears professor," I admitted.

"I do have a boggart." Dumbledore said and I nodded.

This is going to be shitty.

"Remember the spell Lupin taught you?" Dumbledore asked and I hesitantly nodded.

Dumbledore opened the closet.

It was horrible. I saw Cedric and my loved ones lifeless bodies pulled together. Voldemort standing before me caressing my face.

"We've won my dear, your mother would be so proud." Voldemort said.

I flinched at his touch.

Cedric's body then stood up.

"Get away from my sister," he groaned.

Voldemort lifted his wand and sneered.

"Avada Kedavra."

I screamed as Cedric's body fell to the floor and I stumbled to the wall of the office. I covered my ears with my hands rocking back and forth.

A strong wind came in from the window blowing the papers around. The fire sputtered in the fireplace.

My eyes met the boggart again.

Harry and Cho Chang stood before me snogging. Then people began to appear from behind them.

"You're weak and pathetic. You're never good enough. You're WORTHLESS." They sneered in unison.

"Stop. Please. Stop." I cried.

I saw the furniture inside shake as water rose and fell.

"Conceal don't feel," Dumbledore said worriedly.

I shook my head.

"WORTHLESS."

I fell to the floor, the room suddenly growing dark.

****

"Huh, where am I?" I groaned as I sat up.

I heard a sigh.

"She's awake," someone said.

I turned my head to see Cedric, Christian and Harry.

"We were worried sick about you," Harry frowned. "You said you were okay."

"I am." I lied.

"Then why are you in here?" Christian asked.

"Fainted," I said.

"Why?" Cedric asked.

"I don't know." I lied. "I'm fine now."

"Kay," Cedric frowned.

Worthless.

"I said I'm fine. Just piss off will you. I want to rest." I snapped and pulled my blanket over my head.