The Yule Ball

Kiana

Once everyone else was settled in the Hall, Minnie told the champions and their partners to get in line in pairs and to follow her. We did so, and everyone in the Great Hall applauded as we entered and started walking up toward a large round table at the top of the Hall, where the judges were sitting.The walls of the Hall had all been covered in sparkling silver frost, with hundreds of garlands of mistletoe and ivy crossing the starry black ceiling. The House tables had vanished; instead, there were about a hundred smaller, lantern-lit ones, each seating about a dozen people.

"Nervous," Chase whispered as we came to a stop.

"A little," I flushed.

"Don't worry, I won't let you fall," Chase smiled.

"Thanks Chase," I blushed.

The music began to play and thankfully Chase knew what he was doing. I couldn't help but gaze at Harry to see how well he was doing. Harry looked nervous and afraid he'd mess up.

"What're you looking at," Chase asked.

"Making sure Harry doesn't fall or step on Parvati's foot," I admitted.

"Beautiful, he has to make his own mistakes in order to learn, you can't hover over him forever.." Chase sighed.

Chase was right.

"You're right," I sighed. "It's just, he didn't have the proper role models growing up you know and he's my best friend - "

"And you love him just like you love Cedric." Chase smiled.

"Yeah." I sighed. "I just worry."

Thankfully the music came to a stop and together we bowed. Dumbledore approached Chase and I and smiled.

"If you need to change you may go and do so. I'll hold the crowd down." Dumbledore smiled.

"Thank you professor." I smiled.

Dumbledore went to the stage and I faced Chase.

"Duty calls," I chuckled. "Save a dance for me?"

"Of course, now as your faithful escort I am going to wait for you, I'm like your roadie." Chase smiled.

I gently punched his arm and kissed his cheeks.

"See you then," I blushed.

Chase nodded. I exited the Great Hall and gathered my outfit out of my handbag. I carefully slipped my ball gown off and neatly folded it and set it into my bag. I then changed into my white long sleeved laced dress. I took my heels off and set them inside and slipped on my red heels.