First Task

Kiana

"So, Chase Krum asked you out?" Christian asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"And you said no," Christian asked.

"Yup," I said.

"But don't you have a massive crush on him," Christian asked.

"Christian - I suck at relationships. Besides he's 18, he's older than me," I chuckled.

The two of us arrived at the tent.

"Not even one date?" Christian asked.

"Where is your sister?!?" Bagman yelled from the tent.

Christian and I looked at each other. He gave me a hug and kissed my cheek.

"I love you," he sighed. "Please try to survive."

"Of course big brother," I sighed. "Now go find a seat."

Christian let me go and went into the stand area. Before I was able to enter the tent I felt someone pull me in for a hug.

"Jace," I chuckled.

"Good luck," he smiled and went into the arena seats.

I finally stepped inside the tent.

"Finally done snogging your boyfriend?" Harry and Cedric said coldly.

"Actually I was with Christian and Jace," I spat. "You idiots."

"We're sorry," they said in unison.

I rolled my eyes and ignored their presence. I stood between the Krum twins.

"Well, now we're all here - time to fill you in!" said Bagman brightly. "When the audience has assembled, I'm going to be offering each of you this bag" - he held up a small sack of purple silk and shook it at them - "from which you will each select a small model of the thing you are about to face! There are different - er - varieties, you see. And I have to tell you something else too . . . ah, yes . . . your task is to collect the golden egg!"

I glanced around. Cedric and Harry had nodded once, to show that they understood Bagman's words, and then started pacing around the tent again; Cedric looked slightly green. Fleur Delacour and the Krum's hadn't reacted at all. Perhaps they thought they might be sick if they opened their mouths; that was certainly how I felt. But they, at least, had volunteered for this. . . . And in no time at all, hundreds upon hundreds of pairs of feet could be heard passing the tent, their owners talking excitedly, laughing, joking. . . . I felt as separate from the crowd as though they were a different species. And then - it seemed like about a second later to me- Bagman was opening the neck of the purple silk sack.

"Ladies first," he said, offering it to me.

I slowly stuck my hand into the purple silk sack. My heart pumping rapidly. I pulled out a three headed dragon with the number 6 on it. Well.. Damn.

"Oh. The most dangerous one of them all," Bagman smiled.

My eyes met Cedric's then Harry's. They both had frowns on their faces.

"Miss Delacour." Bagman smiled.

Fleur put a shaking hand inside the bag and drew out a tiny, perfect model of a dragon - a Welsh Green. It had the number two around its neck. And I knew, by the fact that Fleur showed no sign of surprise, but rather a determined resignation, that I had been right: Madame Maxime had told her what was coming. The same held true for Viktor and Chase Krum. Viktor pulled out the scarlet Chinese Fireball. It had a number three around its neck. He didn't even blink, just sat back down and stared at the ground. Chase pulled out a two headed Dragon with the number 4 on it. Cedric put his hand into the bag, and out came the blueish-gray Swedish Short-Snout, the number one tied around its neck. Knowing what was left, Harry put his hand into the silk bag and pulled out the Hungarian Horntail, and the number five.